Can we go to Coz yet?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

People were diving today, so it seems like the answer is "yes"

Anyone diving today was doing so illegally! But then again the operators without permits have nothing to lose to begin with.

i could care less as i won't be able to travel for awhile. but i sure can see why so many people get upset when the info changes so often.
i was just told recently by a legit shop on the island that they were back in business as of yesterday.
how do places expect people to make plans if they keep putting out incorrect info ?
on top of that we still have airlines selling seats to destinations that have not even confirmed they will be open when that flight is scheduled to land. oy oy oy
i would like to be able to travel but on the other hand i am kinda glad i am not going through the pains of trying to plan a trip right now.

I have no idea where Christis' info came from but the island is open for the beach and diving, I don't think anyone is doing it illegally. But have been wrong before
Dave Dillehay

I have no idea where Christis' info came from but the island is open for the beach and diving, I don't think anyone is doing it illegally. But have been wrong before
Dave Dillehay
Harbor master and marine park haven’t given the green light yet - my information comes from staying connected every single day with the dive shop owners group which you opted out of - we are supporting each other through this! And yes the information changes daily and we haven’t yet gotten a straight answer on anything!

8F7026FA-93AD-45C7-A0DB-054C14D9E67F.gif

Anyone diving today was doing so illegally! But then again the operators without permits have nothing to lose to begin with.
The people i knew that were diving today had completed the govt courses about covid safety and were following all the rules they were given for safety measures. They have marine park permits..saying they were doing it illegally seems a big step. Some people are ready to work and have followed protocals and done the training. Others can sit and wait for everyone else to figure it out.

The people i knew that were diving today had completed the govt courses about covid safety and were following all the rules they were given for safety measures. They have marine park permits..saying they were doing it illegally seems a big step. Some people are ready to work and have followed protocals and done the training. Others can sit and wait for everyone else to figure it out.
My staff has also completed all of the courses by the way

Outa three dive shops, two say it's closed and one says it's open. Then there's the whole question of the Marine Park, it's Federal and Federal Parks are closed...............

It's very frustrating here. Yesterday, they would not let me into the Fountar marina.... Curfew appears good for some but yet not others, resturants seating people when others abide by the rules......

Here's the text from the Port Authority letter in both Spanish and translated by deepl:

"Que de acuerdo al "Plan Reactivemos Quintana Roo" establecido porel Gobiemo del Estado, en el que se enfatiza que el regreso a las actividades turisticas sera de manera gradual, ordenada y segura, considerando que los puertos de Puerto Juarez y Cancun se encuentran dentro de la regio nalizaci6n en la Zona Norte del Estado, correspondiendoles para esta semana que inicia el dia 8 de junio, el semaforo de color naranja el cual indica que se permltiran actividades esenciales y algunas no esenciales con restricciones, considerando la pesca como esencial; y como no esenciales con restricciones al 30 % del total autorizado para los servicios requeridos: transportadoras turisticas, marinas turisticas y actividades nauticas publicas y privadas, operadoras de buceo y actividades acuaticas."

"That according to the "Plan Reactivemos Quintana Roo" established by the State Government, which emphasizes that the return to tourism activities will be gradual, orderly and safe, considering that the ports of Puerto Juarez and Cancun are within the region in the North Zone of the State, corresponding to this week starting June 8, the orange light which indicates that essential activities and some non-essential with restrictions, considering fishing as essential; and as non-essential with restrictions to 30 % of the total authorized for the required services: Tourist transporters, tourist marinas and public and private nautical activities, diving operators and aquatic activities."

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

I first read it that Puerto Juarez and Cancun is the main office, they were opening it for everyone - others have pointed out that it specifies only those two areas.

I'm sure some will be pissed that I posted this, I really don't care - I'm so sick of the lack of clear direction.

Who would be pissed for you posting this?

Also seems like dive boats can operate at 30% Capacity as a mandate? ....would you say that’s accurate?

‘it’s also unfortunate that it’s due to utterly p1ss it down with rain for the next 2 weeks...

Who would be pissed for you posting this?

Also seems like dive boats can operate at 30% Capacity as a mandate? ....would you say that’s accurate?

‘it’s also unfortunate that it’s due to utterly p1ss it down with rain for the next 2 weeks...

Yea, 30% if you could today so 2 outa 6 or 8 outa 24. It goes to 60% at yellow.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom