Details on new rEvo stand?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Are you saying it looks worse in that regard than other stands, like the Kent Tooling?

My only experience is with my current rEvo (Mini) with a Don Six stand on it. That stand is stainless and weighs, well, I don't know exactly, but I guess at least a couple of pounds. It is great to have when my rEvo is sitting on a boat bench and I'm trying to get into it. SO much easier than getting into with no stand!

As for the placement of the weight, well, I usually use no weight at all and have no problem hovering motionless and in trim. I attribute some of that to having a Nomad XT wing on my unit, which puts more lift in the lower part, to hold up the tail. Regardless, I'm good with the placement of the weight of the stand - on my Mini, anyway. I just got a Micro that I have not dived yet. What is required to get it to trim out remains to be seen.

I am hoping the rEvo stand is titanium. If it's stainless, then I'll be debating between another DSIX or the Kent Tooling.
Actually, your current stand weighs just a bit less than 2 pounds. 1 pound and 15 ounces to be precise. This weight includes the mounting hardware too.

I can make custom heights if you need something special.

Actually, your current stand weighs just a bit less than 2 pounds. 1 pound and 15 ounces to be precise. This weight includes the mounting hardware too.

I can make custom heights if you need something special.

The height is great. I just wish there were a way to take it off using only 1 tool instead of 3, and then break it down fairly flat, so it could go in the case with the unit, for flying.

A hoop (rectangle) that mounts permanently to the case, a hoop for the bottom, and them some long bolts and sleeves that would go through the bottom and thread into the hoop on the case, to assemble it all?

I can at least dream, can't I? :D

It sounds good, but I still have one major reservation. How easy is it to fly with it?

The kent tooling is approximately 5lbs so I dont fly with it, I jus use a butt plate instead. But as I dont fly often with the unit its weight is not a concern for me.

The link here gives you a good idea as to how it comes together: rEvo Standard Rebreather Stand "The Original"

The kent tooling is approximately 5lbs so I dont fly with it, I jus use a butt plate instead. But as I dont fly often with the unit its weight is not a concern for me.

The link here gives you a good idea as to how it comes together: rEvo Standard Rebreather Stand "The Original"

Thanks. I had already looked at that. I even emailed them and got them to email me their document that is the actual installation instructions (the link on their website is broken). From that and further email exchange with them I have verified that flying with the KT stand would be the most work of all the stand options. I.e. the most undoing and redoing of the attachment, along with having to carry the most tools with me.

Also, a weight of 5# is another big strike. The rEvo stand is only 3.2#, and the dsix stand is even less.

I think the KT stand is out of consideration. I bought a Micro and am selling my Mini specifically to make it easier to fly places. I want my stand to go with me - easily.

Meanwhile, I had some correspondence with rEvo about their stand.

To install their stand, the rEvo case needs some nutserts installed. Normally, that would be a big pain in the butt. But, I'm sending my Micro off to be serviced, so it will be easy enough to have those installed then.

Once the nutserts are there, it looks like the rEvo stand will work pretty well for travel. I think it will just require one hex wrench to take the stand off and to disassemble it. The stand does have to be completely removed from the rEvo in order to remove the legs (I think). But, removing the stand from the case looks a lot simpler than removing the KT stand. And only requires the one tool for everything.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom