Using transmitters on a rEvo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, my dive got deferred to Thursday due to conditions so I partially dissembled my unit, took some photos, made some measurements and published a blog post. Note there is a "story" at the end about how AI benefitted me during a real situation on a dive in Vis, Croatia a couple months ago.

- brett

Well, my dive got deferred to Thursday due to conditions so I partially dissembled my unit, took some photos, made some measurements and published a blog post. Note there is a "story" at the end about how AI benefitted me during a real situation on a dive in Vis, Croatia a couple months ago.

- brett
Brett, your story shows exactly why I want to get a transmitter in place. I won't get on my soapbox, but human factors of CCR diving are still in infancy. An alert that flashes straight into a diver's face may prevent a chain of unfortunate events.

By the way, I found 18" high pressure hoses:

Not the best solution though as you'll have to get an adapter... I'll continue looking.

Hmm a related question, perhaps some knowledgeable folks round here can help:
So Aqualung (PPS MA8H transmitter) advertises two versions - one up to 40% O2 and one up to 100% O2 (O2 clean).
Now i am curious, what exactly is the difference? As in is it just O2 clean o-ring? Or some internals as well? Emailed Aqualung twice, but 0 response.
Basically, should i get a dedicated O2 clean version, or can I go with normal, then "clean" it for 100% O2 use ?

Hmm a related question, perhaps some knowledgeable folks round here can help:
So Aqualung (PPS MA8H transmitter) advertises two versions - one up to 40% O2 and one up to 100% O2 (O2 clean).
Now i am curious, what exactly is the difference? As in is it just O2 clean o-ring? Or some internals as well? Emailed Aqualung twice, but 0 response.
Basically, should i get a dedicated O2 clean version, or can I go with normal, then "clean" it for 100% O2 use ?
Dunno what the difference is.

I doubt they'll make the "up to 40%" out of oxygen-reactive materials. I've used whatever they've had before with 100% for ages. Still here.

The cynic in me says it's a price gouging opportunity.

I doubt they'll make the "up to 40%" out of oxygen-reactive materials. I've used whatever they've had before with 100% for ages. Still here.

Ditto

- brett

Ditto

- brett

Yeah the cynical me also thinks the same, as there is a price difference ofc... and other than a green plastic tip on the transmitter, I see no visible differences. Och well, let's see if Aqualung will ever bother to reply.

Am I right in thinking that if you have to bail out, you loose the ability to read onboard tank pressure as the tank pressure read out is on the NERD?

Am I right in thinking that if you have to bail out, you loose the ability to read onboard tank pressure as the tank pressure read out is on the NERD?

It depends...

1. When I bail out, I generally tuck the loop under my chin and don't let it float free

2. I dive with a Teric as an "oh ****" off-board computer with an internal set point that also displays the tank pressures

Also, if you have bailed out, I'm not sure how important the on-board tank pressures are?

- brett

It depends...

1. When I bail out, I generally tuck the loop under my chin and don't let it float free

2. I dive with a Teric as an "oh ****" off-board computer with an internal set point that also displays the tank pressures

Also, if you have bailed out, I'm not sure how important the on-board tank pressures are?

- brett
“2. I dive with a Teric as an "oh ****" off-board computer with an internal set point that also displays the tank pressures”

That’s a nice setup to have the tank pressures also displayed on your backup computer. Just to check, you operate your rEvo with a Controller, a NERD and a backup computer ?

TIA

Cathal

“2. I dive with a Teric as an "oh ****" off-board computer with an internal set point that also displays the tank pressures”

That’s a nice setup to have the tank pressures also displayed on your backup computer. Just to check, you dice your rEvo dive with a Controller, a NERD and a backup computer ?

TIA

Cathal

Correct. Petrel controller on a DiveCan bus, a NERD2 on hard-wired analog cable, and a Teric with an internal set point.

I've changed things a little since I wrote this, but here is generally how I have my computers configured:

- brett

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom