Using transmitters on a rEvo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mine is in the tore down stage, but you can see how I have mine just resting in there.
DSC_3634.JPG

Where did you find 20" HP hoses? I spent close to an hour looking through my favorite retailers and could find only 24".
Hmm. I might have got the length wrong. Will measure tomorrow!

Edit: was wrong. Is a 55cm/22" hose

Use different coloured transmitters unless you're happy to accept occasional clashing issues.

Unless he already has them, or is buying old stock, the new Swift doesn't have that issue.

Thank you! Super helpful. @Wibble, you got a sweet stand. Have you thought of running transmitters under the stand? I am exploring all options. Frankly, the problem is me - I OCD on these things too much and want to get the cleanest solution. I need to get over that ;-)
I placed the transmitters high so they’re close to the Nerd. Never had a problem with them.

Oh, there is one thing… using the SAFT batteries, they suddenly stop working. Not during a dive but if left for a week. They seem to last six months.

N.B. They are powered on when pressurised, so remember to turn off and empty the diluent line after a dive.

How quickly do you go through the O2 and the diluent with these?

Oxygen depends on the dive duration. Use about 40 bar (x3 = 120 litres) for a 2h dive regardless of depth.

Diluent is slightly depth related as the loop and wing need to be inflated. Deeper dives circa 60m+/200ft+ use a little more than the oxygen, shallower dives use a little less than the oxygen.

A benefit of the transmitters is being able to measure gas consumption

Aren't the tanks only like 3l each
Yes.

Plus the drysuit inflation cylinder which I use 2 litre steel.

So you use 120l for 2 hours but only have 3??? Or did I read the consumption wrong

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom