Which Reg Set to buy today?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

They aren’t offering anything more over deep 6. Sorry but they aren’t the “best”

I've owned all the top end Apeks, ScubaPro, Atomic and Deep 6.

They are all great regs.

But Deep 6 comes in with equal high performance with a lower price. Given that one can ship regs to be serviced (which many people do due to incompetent techs at various LDSs), for those in the US, Deep 6 is a smart choice. Nothing wrong with other choices, but as you said, there is no "best".

I've owned all the top end Apeks, ScubaPro, Atomic and Deep 6.

They are all great regs.

But Deep 6 comes in with equal high performance with a lower price. Given that one can ship regs to be serviced (which many people do due to incompetent techs at various LDSs), for those in the US, Deep 6 is a smart choice. Nothing wrong with other choices, but as you said, there is no "best".

agreed, I’m a deep 6 user myself. And the fact I can service my own regs was a huge deciding factor on my purchase

So many fans of brands. We all have our favorites. You can try to save as much money as possible on your purchase or on your service. Get yourself a good reg set and enjoy your diving. This is a long time purchase. I am still diving my Scubapro MK5/R109 from 1972.

and you are making the claim of "the best" based on what?

Ownership Apeks products including of 2 sets of Apeks regulators, one Apeks BCD and Apeks shorts. Previous experience needing and finding a regulator service kit during a diving vaction. Flawless performance everytime.

You may have your own favourites and that is fine by me. Happy diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom