More Details Please

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If any buyer asks the Gekko is not air-integrated - it's just in the console. That's why the other gauge is a pressure gauge. Gekko's were an entry level computer - I believe I paid under $300 over a decade ago. Super easy to use if anyone asks. User changeable battery once it's out of the console since I'm sure it needs one. It's a watch battery you can buy anywhere.

If there's concern about the octo cover, a new Titan octo is $175. a new ABS octo $160. Either works with the reg. I personally would unscrew it b4 listing it, it shows age/neglect and you won't get anything more from anyone who knows. I'm pretty sure Jack ^^ is right about cover availability also.

The suunto Gekko has been discontinued for a handful of years. The Zoop and Vyper which share similar display and body format (3 button) were replaced a couple/few years ago with the Zoop Novo and Vyper Novo.

A Gekko, if you can find a buyer, will fetch between $50 and $100 on a good day. It should be easy to sell for less than $50.

For the octo cover, perhaps this might work: Aqualung XLC Octopus Cover

-Z

For the octo cover, perhaps this might work: Aqualung XLC Octopus Cover
That might work if you can get it from France, but not 100% positive. The XLC description is correct for what you need, but that photo appears to be the following generation of Titan/Calypso/Octo. I don’t know if they are interchangeable or not to know if the mismatch between photo and description matters.

That might work if you can get it from France, but not 100% positive. The XLC description is correct for what you need, but that photo appears to be the following generation of Titan/Calypso/Octo. I don’t know if they are interchangeable or not to know if the mismatch between photo and description matters.

OP, If you go this route I can help with the shipping as I live in Belgium but have access to a USPS APO post office, so it can be shipped to me and I can forward the part to the US. If/when the time comes just PM for address details.

-Z

The part depicted along with the part number match up with that listed in the 2014 part catalog for the Titan/Calypso Classic series 2004 - Present (2014?).
Relevant part numbers:
125732 - Front Cover, Titan
125719 - Front Cover, Calypso
125734 - Front Cover, Calypso (Green)
125724 - Front cover, Octopus (this part/part number matches the part I linked to in my post above)
aqualung-calypso-titan-octopus.jpg

From the 2014 and 2018 parts catalogs
Titan/Calypso QC Series (2010-2016).
Relevant part numbers:
128615 - Front Cover, Titan
128616 - Front Cover, Calypso
128628 - Front Cover, Calypso (Green)
128618 - Front Cover, Octopus
p-12995-aqualung-128560.jpg

Then there is the current design that is listed in the 2018 parts catalaog as Titan/Calypso Classic Series 2004 - Present (2018?)......Based on the parts catalog description this should be compatible with the Titan/Calypso Classic Series dating back to 2004, it is unclear based on other post if this is actually compatible or not.
Relevant Part numbers:
125414 - Front Cover, Titan
125422 - Front Cover, Calypso
125412 - Front Cover, Octopus
Calypso-octopus.jpg

Hope that helps,
-Z

The part depicted along with the part number match up with that listed in the 2014 part catalog for the Titan/Calypso Classic series 2004 - Present (2014?).
Relevant part numbers:
125732 - Front Cover, Titan
125719 - Front Cover, Calypso
125724 - Front cover, Octopus (this part/part number matches the part I linked to in my post above)
View attachment 535874

From the 2014 and 2018 parts catalogs
Titan/Calypso QC Series (2010-2016).
Relevant part numbers:
128615 - Front Cover, Titan
128616 - Front Cover, Calypso
128628 - Front Cover, Calypso (Green)
128618 - Front Cover, Octopus
View attachment 535875

Then there is the current design that is listed in the 2018 parts catalaog as Titan/Calypso Classic Series 2004 - Present (2018?)......Based on the parts catalog description this should be compatible with the Titan/Calypso Classic Series dating back to 2004, it is unclear based on other post if this is actually compatible or not.
Relevant Part numbers:
125414 - Front Cover, Titan
125422 - Front Cover, Calypso
125412 - Front Cover, Octopus
View attachment 535876

Hope that helps,
-Z
@Zef
I think you are adding some confusion here. I do NOT see any match between the link catalog number and any AL part number, unless you are making an assumption based on a 3 digit partial similarity. And what ring on left versus ring on right?? This style has a ring on EACH side that holds it to the case, although the drawings are each are only done from one perspective.

The bottom line is that OP absolutely has an XLC octo (note Venturi on top) needing a new cover, but the image at that link is NOT an XLC, and won’t fit an XLC. So is the photo wrong, or is the description wrong?

@Zef
I think you are adding some confusion here. I do NOT see any match between the link catalog number and any AL part number, unless you are making an assumption based on a 3 digit partial similarity. And what ring on left versus ring on right?? This style has a ring on EACH side that holds it to the case, although the drawings are each are only done from one perspective.

The bottom line is that OP absolutely has an XLC octo (note Venturi on top) needing a new cover, but the image at that link is NOT an XLC, and won’t fit an XLC. So is the photo wrong, or is the description wrong?

Yup, I noticed that and removed the notes about the ring of the cover. And you are correct that the I am making an educated assumption that the part on the website I linked to is correct because the last 3 digits of the part number on the website match the part number in the Aqualung catalog.

BUT

Further research based on this discussion had me pull up an older catalog.
Looking at the 2006 parts catalog I see the following:
Titan/Cousteau/Calypso/Parnter/Octopus (1998-2004) 2nd stage...depicted with the venturi switch on top.
Here are the relevant part numbers:
124576 - Front Cover, Calypso
124578 - Front Cover, Titan
124577 - Front Cover, Octopus/Partner
This version was discontinued in 2004.
11001.jpg

There was a version of the Glacia 2nd stage (I think it may have been known as the Cousteau Glacia) from that era used a similar cover and had top mounted venturi switch:
124579 - Front Cover, 2002
CousteauGlacia.jpg

So you are correct there is a mismatch on that website between the description and the picture. Oh, well.

To the OP, this was not an expensive octo back in the day and the current version is not an expensive octo either....(it is more expensive in the US than where I am by about $100-$150)....given that this was discontinued in 2004, perhaps it is time this 15+ year old hunk of mostly plastic to rest and replace it with something new/newer.

-Z

Here is a link to an ebay auction for the octo in question with its cover intact. I don't think it will sell for the price they are asking given how old it is.

Aqualung TITAN Second Stage Octo Octopus SCUBA Dive Regulator, LP Hose | eBay

Interesting note (at least to me)....many of the internal parts have the same part numbers as the current model Titan/Calypso/Octo Classic Series.

-Z

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom