Info Stolen Petrel 2 DiveCAN Controller for DiveRite O2ptima CM!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I can tell you that USPS give no f*%&s about anything you ship. We ship daily through the shop and high volume. The most recent one that was lost they have confirmation that the driver delivered the package to the wrong house and that she has attempted to recover it with no success. Their solution is the we refund the customer the $2K and file a claim to recover the $100 insurance!

All this even though they know they messed up and provided us a document stating that!

Sold this to a fellow SB member and they received an empty box stamped by USPS "Received, Missing Contents". It is presumed stolen during the shipping process. After various futile attempts of trying to get info from USPS, a claim was filed. Lost quite a bit of money on this one!

I am assuming the person who stole it has no idea how niche the item is and will probably toss it in the bin, but may try to put it up for sale.

Attached image of computer with detailed unique info.

Also, here it is typed out:

System Info:
Serial # : 38A50433
Features : 48009
Firmware : v93
Hardware : 3.4.4
# Dives : 10
Dive Time : 0005h00m

Please keep this post in mind if you see a similar item go up for sale.

Thanks!
Someone in Spain offered me this controller - serial # 38A50433 for sale. I contacted Shearwater and they confirmed that the controller was reported as missing. I will check with the OP if there is an update on this matter from his side.

When buying used gear with serial number always check with the manufacturer if there is a problem there. And also report missing items, it makes sense. Don't make life of people selling lost/stolen gear easier!

Back
Top Bottom