Solo Trip to Coz

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yeah, that changes everything.

Actually, Casa Mexican is for me. For the second part of the stay, we're moving to Palmar condos.

Anyone who's dove with Liquid Blue and/or XT~Sea, any input in their policy on dive length (can I continue my dive through air/no-decompression limits or does everyone ascend with the first diver to hit 1,000 psi)?

Also to add, Liquid Blue is who I am booked with for January. I like the idea of the bigger tanks. But you wont go wrong with either of those choices.

I also recommend Blue XTsea - we have stayed from El Cantil to Hotel Cozumel...Casa Mexicana was really good as well...last time we stayed there they had a great breakfast buffet...(they didn't really have a pool area though) Happy diving!

Does Blue XT Sea have gear lockers and rinse tanks.
How far is it from the shop to Casa Mexicana?

Thanks

Blue XT Sea offers valet service! The staff will rinse your gear except your wetsuit, after each dive and then have it set up for you the next day on the boat. A few ops in Cozumel offer valet service, it spoils you! Your hotel or condo may have a rince tank or locker on their property.

Thanks

I think it's probably a couple blocks, but as judydivescoz mentioned, they rinse and handle your equipment. I'm not sure about rinse tanks at their shop, but for the most part you'll only be dealing with neoprene and cameras, etc., if you have your own.

I have neoprene and cameras and generally rinse it in the shower even though there are tanks/showers available. I don't have much neoprene and I stay in rooms with balconies so drying is easy.

It's been many years since I stayed at Casa Mexicana and I didn't have a balcony room, so I just rinsed in the shower and let it dry there. I prefer a balcony and would get a room with one if I stayed there again.

Maybe people that have stayed at Casa Mexicana recently know of facility available at the hotel or can share their strategies?

rinse tanks
I hate rinse tanks being used for dive suits, as we all know what everyone does in them. I like to soak my camera & mask in my room, rinse my suit in the shower, and try to take some pet urine remover on trips to spray my suit.

At Blue Angel the management asks that you do not rinse your gear in the shower in your room. They have had a problem with sand accumulation in the drains and it's a real pain for them to get them cleared when it happens.

They do, however, have a fresh water shower outside at the dive shop next to their rinse tanks, and they change the water in the tanks pretty often.

Thanks

Both will rinse and store your gear overnight and have it ready for you.

Liquid Blue is meeting me the evening before my first dive to pick up my gear. They also clean and dry it for you to have ready to pack the day you leave.

Back
Top Bottom