Cold water drysuit hood

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was a long-time Viking guy, so I u=was used to having a dry/warm head. I moved to a SANTI suit a few years ago, and one of the things I dreaded was going back to a wet hood... I couldn't have been more wrong.

Most of the time, I wear their 9mm hood... It's comfy and very warm. I also have a 5mm that a wear once in a while.

I have a friend who uses a 10mm Waterproof hood and he is very happy with that as well.

With all these things, the fit is the most critical factor. The thicker hoods are, well, thick, so if their putting pressure on the jaw or something, it's going to be uncomfortable. If you can stand the looks, try one one and wear it around the shop for while to make sure it fits properly..

I use the Santi 9mm hood and love it, I've heard great things about the Waterproof hood as well and around here (Massachusetts), it seems like most people I know swear by one or the other.

I have been using the Waterproof 10mm with good results. Many of my buddies are using the Otter Bay custom hoods and they have been pleased with them as well. Water temps in the Great Lakes are typically in the low 40°F range.

I use a Santi 9mm hood, it's warm. When it dies I'll buy a waterproof 5/10 as I've heard great things about them, and they have a size that will fit my circus freakishly small head.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom