February in Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

When are you there, Judy? I want you to hang out with us and convince my hubby that I should take seasonal trips to Coz without him. :)

I will be there 2/15-2/22. This is my 4th trip solo, I prefer to travel with Jed but he can't always make it with his work schedule. I have lots of time off! I have made some good friends over the years and I dive everyday. Try it sometime!

Annlaur, that was a great list!

We are headed to Occidental Grand 2/5-2/12

We didn't book any specific diving days though. I heard enough good things about the onsite dive op to play it by ear.

Is weather.com accurate? I was just on there and read it's averaging 77ish on Coz right now.

works for me.. anything higher than the 25 I have here in VT is wonderful.

I try. Same situation for Jeff & I, my schedule is more flexible than his. He doesn't seem to mind me taking off to Port Hardy without him, but Mexico is a harder sell.

It is so safe in Cozumel! I go out meet friends for a late dinner and walk back to the house alone and always feel secure. Jed worries about me when I go to NYC for the evening but never in Cozumel.

Good string guys--I've been lurking on this string as we get closer to our dates. Say hello to some Pacific Northwest coldwater divers diving Aldora 2/6 - 10 and maybe beyond. 6 from the Seattle Area and one Canadian (go ahead and make fun of Mikey). We are split between Hotel Coz and Aqua Safari. I hope to say hi to a few of you.

--Randy

It is so safe in Cozumel! I go out meet friends for a late dinner and walk back to the house alone and always feel secure. Jed worries about me when I go to NYC for the evening but never in Cozumel.

Oh, don't get me wrong... it's not the safety factor of being in Mexico that gets Jeff, it's jealousy! If Coz was covered in 2 feet of snow, he wouldn't care if I went or not.

But the sun, and the warm water, and the beaches, and the cold beer, and the ocean breezes... well, now he wants me to wait for a time that he can go too :idk:

Here's the update :

Dates, name, dive op, lodging

1/30-2/7 underachiever, Scuba Mau , Villa Blanca
all month firstdive2005, Scuba Mau , Park Royal
2/3-2/26 annlaur, Aldora, cheap place downtown
2/5-2/9 oleyeller, Aqua Safari, Vista del Mar
2/5-2/12 Merchant.r, play it by ear, Occidental Grand
2/6-2/10+ overandunderwater, Aldora, Hotel Coz and Aqua Safari
2/6-2/12 loudives, Bottom Time Divers, Wyndham
2/6-2/13 billindenver, Aldora, Casa del Mar
2/6-2/13 GeneV, Chucho, Grand Cozumel
2/6-2/14 dpc, Dive With Martin , Iberostar
2/7-2/14 princessaprilia, Scuba Mau, condo
2/7-2/16 atatt, Scuba Mau, Palace
2/7-2/14 Jaeger45, Scuba Mau , Casa del Mar
2/8-2/18 Gdog, Blue Magic, Casa Mexicana
2/11-2/15 diver 85, Aldora, Villa Aldora
2/11-2/20 Mark Rappaport, Blue Angel
2/12-2/20 Qnape, BlueXTSea, Palace
2/13-2/20 love2fishfork, BlueXTSea, El Cantil
2/13-2/20 tjsx1, Blue Angel
2/15-2/22 Get Wet, Scuba Tony, Park Royal
2/15-2/22 judydivescoz, Albatros Charters, ???
2/15-2/22 otis, ??, Hotel Cozumel
2/16-2/19 flatfoot40, BlueXTSea, Park Royal
2/16-2/23 weaponeer, Aquatic Sports or Blue Magic, Hotel Flamingo
2/18-3/1 DeltaWardog, Scuba Tony, Fiesta Americana
2/21-3/7 bhalah, Papa Hog, Hotel Cozumel
2/25-3/6 Wert, Aquatic Sports, Casa Colonial

Unclear plans or dates :
RN, EMT-P
Crbannin
Ze_Abron
mstevens,
last week of February
steelsaint, around Carnival
Seano, 2/8-2/18

Thanks for the updated list annlaur-----this thread needs a bump, anyone else for Feb???.......

billindenver, looks like we might overlap with you on your last 2 days of diving with Aldora--- if so, hope we can meet up, & all take a plunge together in the big pool..............

14 1/2 hrs to go, my wife just told me to get the heck out of the hottub now. And then threatened to show pictures of me with my mask on my forehead. The nerve. I'm going to miss her for two weeks while diving every day, 4 times a day, in the sun, where there is no snow and when it's cold it's still hot to me. Yup the cryings started already, I've got toooo much gear. oops did I say that outloud. I mean I'll miss ya honey, sob.:blinking:

14 1/2 hrs to go, my wife just told me to get the heck out of the hottub now. And then threatened to show pictures of me with my mask on my forehead. The nerve. I'm going to miss her for two weeks while diving every day, 4 times a day, in the sun, where there is no snow and when it's cold it's still hot to me. Yup the cryings started already, I've got toooo much gear. oops did I say that outloud. I mean I'll miss ya honey, sob.:blinking:

Have a great trip & please do me a favor, don't mess up the island & water during your 1st 10 days there------I want some good viz left for when we get there on the 11th & make that 1st twilite/nite nite that nite------:D

Back
Top Bottom