unruly 7' hose

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I do something very similar to the people who've suggested looping it under your dive shears... I loop it under my dive knife on the left... so it comes down, around the front, under my short stubby knife on the left, straight up and around my neck.

In this case I had a mares mr42 on the long hose and a scuba pro mk 17 on the left.
I appreciate the replies and enjoy the humor (show) also. Still looking for that donated can light to make it all come together though.

I'm pretty sure that it was Tobin at Deep Sea Supply that sells a "mock cannister" that you can put on your waist strap to simulate a can light til you're ready to dive with one.

I'll send him a PM to chime into this thread.

First of all, there are NO "dumb questions", just arrogant and stupid responses . . . sometimes.

Tuck some of it into your right shoulder strap.

I do wish someone would come out with a 6' Miflex hose !!!!!!

the K

:confused:

I'm pretty sure that it was Tobin at Deep Sea Supply that sells a "mock cannister" that you can put on your waist strap to simulate a can light til you're ready to dive with one.

Yep. He does.

Posted via Mobile Device

I placed a pocket on my harness where the canister would go for this very reason. Works like a charm.

Thanks Cave Diver

Yes we do. You can see it here.

https://www.deepseasupply.com/index.php?product=1335

Pretty simple, just a length of ABS pipe wih slots for the harness webbing.

I made the first one for my daughter, so she could learn to manage a long hose before dad buys her a can light.:shocked2:

Tobin

some very good ideas. I'm a fairly creative guy and the fake canister never occurred to me. Tobin , I've read a lot of good things about you. I hope it wouldn't offend you if I made my own.

wow, this is a great place. Where else could a guy beg and grovel for a free can light and end up with an empty piece of pvc pipe. LOL

some very good ideas. I'm a fairly creative guy and the fake canister never occurred to me. Tobin , I've read a lot of good things about you. I hope it wouldn't offend you if I made my own.

Not at all. Most home improvement stores sell short lengths of ABS.

I use a milling machine and single flute endmill, but a series of drilled holes and a course file should work too.

Good luck,

Tobin

Back
Top Bottom