Undergarment Poll - What do YOU wear under your Fusion?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Weezle Extreme--as much or better warmth as compared to the Whites M2 or 3, twice the mobility, and better ability to deal with warmer conditions as well (because of better mobility and therefore less work to move around)

Have you worn both? I ask because most people have alot more flexibility in the Whites. The reason is that the Whites has stretch panels in key areas for mobility, the Weezle is all just the outer material that doesnt stretch. Also, the Whites are Tapered at the arms and legs, so they fit a bit snugger with less material.....The extreme would be about as warm as the MK2, the MK3 is more comparable to the Extreme Plus....

Thats great if the Extreme fits you better, they are very nice undergarments...require a bit more weight to dive due to the Loft material and how it keeps you warm, but very nice non the less.

My 2 cents - I dive in MK 2 and think that this is the best and the most versatile undergarment. I had been through many brands, including DUI Thinsulate. I dive 80-90 minutes in Whites MK2 without the sleeves (but wearing a thin Whites polypropylene top underneath the MK 2 john) - in 14-15 centigrade - never get cold. If the temp is lower I can add sleeves or warmer fleece underneath MK 2. The flexibility and mobility of MK 2 is fantastic, not to mention bum flap. Even when flooded the MK2 keeps the warmth to the point that I know I am flooded but not sure until I am on shore and litres of water are spilling from my suit. Great undergarment, one of my best purchases ever, besides of Whites Fusion drysuit and Waterproof 7 mm wetsuit.

I just got my first drysuit dives in at Monterey in 48F (8.9C) water, with the whites fusion LTD this past weekend. I purchased it from Dive Right in Scuba based on the positive experiences from others I've read here on scubaboard, their customer service was great.

As far as undergarments I was using the 4th element xerotherm arctic undergarments (socks, top and bottom) and felt fine (no shirt on underneath the top). I liked the nature of the two piece setup instead of the jumpsuit of the MK2 as it allowed for more precise sizing. The 4th element garments have two layers and did an excellent job of wicking the moisture away from my skin and were quite comfortable sort of like high tech sweatpants.

Individual weighting is empirical but just incase someone has a similar setup and is curious I went from 12lbs (on the belt) +6lbs plate +2.5lbs can light in my 7mm full wetsuit/hood/gloves/booties to 16lbs (on the belt) +6lbs plate +2.5lbs can light in the Whites fusion LTD/ 2-3XL and 4th element xerotherm arctic undergarments (with the EVO boots, 5mm gloves and 7mm hood) both with a HP100 tank this was very near neutral maybe slightly negative at 500psi without any air in the suit or wing.

Loved the new setup, but its going to take a few more dives to get up to full speed again.

-Erik

Last edited:
I dive a Weezle extreme + also, they waters here range from 38-58 depending on the season, so this MK3? is it as warm? my issue is that I find the weezle bulky. I am not saying that I am looking to switch per say but definitly interested if it is as warm, although I will have to get my suit altered as it fits big already with the weezle.

but wow it is expensive!! $450 compared with $375 for a weezle(which they say is expensive)

Good thread and very timely. I dive the MK2 under my Fusion, usually with a t-shirt and board shorts underneath that. Bad idea on the t-shirt I know, keeps me wet from sweat and that's the only reason I've been cold towards the end of 35-40 min dives in Lake Michigan in 40-42 temps. Oh, and that's only with the John on, I've not worn the jacket yet at all!

Our LDS had a fourth element "seminar" last night and I got to see the stuff, try it on and talk to the rep and I like the look, feel and idea of the drybase so I'm considering a 4th element drybase long sleeve t and boxers rather than the t-shirt and board shorts. But the MK0 has me intrigued as well, however, I'm worried layering that would make me too warm. I haven't ever gotten cold legs or feet which is why I was thinking the fourth element boxers.

Either way one of these two will be on the birthday/Christmas list! Any input is appreciated.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom