Undergarment Poll - What do YOU wear under your Fusion?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We both wear the UnderArmor Cold Gear long pants and undershirt under the MK2 one piece. I've never been cold enough to wear the extra coat and sleeves. That includes diving Monterey in 52 water.

I dive SoCal as well and have the Mk2 one piece. But not the extra jacket. I have Under Armor Cold gear tops and bottoms that I was planning on keeping in my gear bag for extra cold dives. My temps are typically 45-65. I have only tried my Fusion in the pool so
I don't know how the mk2 will work for me. From this thread I assume that it will cover most of my diving without having to add the Cold Gear for a base layer.

I have 2 questions, what temps do you think the cold gear alone would be able to handle? and what temps would the Mk2 jumper with the Cold Gear as a base cover me in?

I usually dive pretty hot but for some reason this year I am freezing my butt off. I dove my 7mm with 3mm hooded vest in 60 waters at Catalina and was still cold this year. Last year I was fine in the 7mm alone down to 52 so I don't really know why I am so cold this year. But the good thing that came from it is my new Fusion!!!

Ihave Under Armor Cold gear tops and bottoms that I was planning on keeping in my gear bag for extra cold dives.

What thickness of UA Cold Gear are you guys using?

Thanks

Henrik

What thickness of UA Cold Gear are you guys using?

Thanks

Henrik

I did not know there was more then one thickness. But I would guess it would be the thicker version. It is much more substancial then the other UA gear. Its not the heat gear or training gear. It is much thicker then those two. It is meant to be worn for the cold. About an eight of an inch thick I'd guess

Thanks Scott.

From the UA website, they make Cold Gear undies in 3 different thicknesses:

Under Armour

Base 1.0, 2.0 and 3.0. It took me awhile to figure it out :)

I'm researching a base layer for my Fusion as well ( should be here next week :D)

Henrik

And you will LOVE IT :D

I'm sure I will Mike.

I really enjoy dealing with you and your guys btw. Everyone is friendly and on the ball. Willing to explain - even several times :). Call back when promised etc. etc. It's a pleasure. Thank you.

Henrik

I'm sure I will Mike.

I really enjoy dealing with you and your guys btw. Everyone is friendly and on the ball. Willing to explain - even several times :). Call back when promised etc. etc. It's a pleasure. Thank you.

Henrik

Shhhhh...don't let the word get out :wink:

Your suit should be in tomorrow :D

I'm sure I will Mike.

Henrik

I'll second that =) I ordered my Fusion LE + MK1 / MK2 on Monday, and found MIke awesome to deal with!

When everything arrives, I'll toss a report up on how the MK1 / MK2 combo is working for me up here in Alaska. Will be my first real set of undergarments- I've always just worn REI long underwear + maybe a vest in 32-48f water.

-B

I'll second that =) I ordered my Fusion LE + MK1 / MK2 on Monday, and found MIke awesome to deal with!

When everything arrives, I'll toss a report up on how the MK1 / MK2 combo is working for me up here in Alaska. Will be my first real set of undergarments- I've always just worn REI long underwear + maybe a vest in 32-48f water.

-B

Crazy Dutch Springs Alaskans love their cold water :cool2: Yours is already on its way to us as well...shipped Tuesday :D

You know your going to have to be my guide when I come up there to dive :wink:

Dutch -Harbor- not Dutch Springs! That sounds too... warm.

And sure, if you (or any other Scubaboarder) ever come out here, I'd be more than happy to take you diving. Scubagypsy and Alaskadiver came out in August 2007 and we had a blast! Just don't look at the cost of the plane ticket - you'll be tucking tail and running to Palau instead.

-B

Back
Top Bottom