Undergarment Poll - What do YOU wear under your Fusion?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

livewire

Contributor
Reaction score
Okay, I did it, I bought a White's Fusion. :D Mk3 undies are also on the way, but to be truthful, I'm not sure it's the right fit for the conditions I'm targeting. I know, I know, the only way I'll know for sure is putting it in the water. But in the mean time, what do YOU wear for the following conditions:

Temp: 56dF
Dives: 3
Bottom Time: 60 min per dive.
Activity: I'm a photog, so I often move pretty slow!

I'd love to hear how big you are and all your layers, and don't leave out any dirty laundry!

It always depends on the person, but I think for you the MK2 set might have been adequate. The full MK2 set is pretty versatile. There is the one-piece John that has removable sleeves, and then a beefy jacket that goes over that.

We get down to the low 50's here and that's warmer than I'd need.

The MK2 also gives you the alternative to dive in warmer temps....the real tough time of year for me is early summer when the air is warm to hot, and the water is cool to cold....

I use a 300 wt stretch Fleece from USIA with a polypro liner year round.

My wife uses the MK2 under her Fusion. I use it as well under my Catalyst 360. The set works very well for our diving up and down our coast.

Unless your a very cold person compared to most, for your temps the MK2 would have been more than enough. I have a strong feeling you will be buying another undergarment as the MK3 is very warm

Most people fall into the MK2 for about 90% of their diving. If its colder, you can layer up a little....and still use one undergarment. with the MK3, you cant layer down for warmer days, which with 56 degree temps, your gonna be pretty hot...UNLESS you have LONG underwater times.

I have had MK2 down to 42 degrees and been fine....However, I had an MK3 in 55degree water and was cold....know why? Bonus question......Sweat! The sweat from being too hot in the suit, turned me cold....

Congrats on your Purchase!!!

My wife uses the MK2 under her Fusion. I use it as well under my Catalyst 360. The set works very well for our diving up and down our coast.

Thanks, Dave! You and I are diving the same waters lots of times... Are you wearing a wicking layer or anything else under your Mk2, or just the one piece john with the sleeves?

I too would go with the MK2.. I wear it down to about 50* or so with my Fusion. For colder dives I wear a 4 way Antartica from Rondel on Ebay. It is fairly bulky and takes some work on my part to get my legs in the suit, but from that point on it is real nice. I have had that undergarment in water down to about 40* and been plenty warm. I also always wear a dryfit shirt and pants under either undergarment just for wicking. I would rather wash those than my undergarments...

Phil

My MK3 is too hot in water above about 55 degrees. I've got an old Whites thick fleece thing I got years ago with my Catalyst that is just right for me in warmer (above 60 degrees) water. I wear an UnderArmore liner, too.

I wear a weezle extreme +. The Lake Michigan water is typically 39-42 degrees at depth (on rare occasions it may be warmer), and I'm cold-blooded. Once the water temp was in the 60s and I wasn't too warm (though if it were much warmer than that I might be). The weezle wicks very well, which helps with the sweat cooling issue. In colder weather I wear polypro long johns under it, in the summer wicking compression shorts and a sports tank top.

A really go wicking layer, and many manufacturers make something similar is a thicker than lycra bioply material.

Here is one from Akona, Pinnacle also makes one as well as quite a few others. It will also add a little warmth if needed, and is great for warmer water temps where lighter is needed and you dont want to wear a thicker MK2 or MK3...tropical dives and most above 68degrees(depending on your body)

https://www.diverightinscuba.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=116_283&products_id=58

Remember that with your MK2, you can zip off the sleeves if its a little warmer... with the MK3, the sleeves dont zip off. This makes it a little more versatile of a UG

Thanks, Dave! You and I are diving the same waters lots of times... Are you wearing a wicking layer or anything else under your Mk2, or just the one piece john with the sleeves?

We both wear the UnderArmor Cold Gear long pants and undershirt under the MK2 one piece. I've never been cold enough to wear the extra coat and sleeves. That includes diving Monterey in 52 water.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom