Best reg for $400

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Best reg deal I've seen for $400 would be four MK5/109s used. Or if you want to stay a little newer, maybe three MK10/G250s or two MK20/G250s. If any of the 1st stages come with D series 2nds instead of the G250s, even better.

Wow what a thread...........:)

Went from best $400 reg to a top of the line mail ordered reg........

I own two IDI regs that I have to send away for service - my LDS's will not touch them, I think that is a PITA and costly to have to send them away.........

M

We're getting off topic by a hair, but it doesn't have to be a PITA or costly to send regs off for service. Zeagle regs in particular are extremely easy, especially if purchased from ST, DRIS, Zeagle Express, etc. I toss mine in a box once a year and send them to ST - a week and a half and $75 later they're back on my doorstep, serviced and ready to go.

Most LDS's can't touch that...

-B

Aaahhhh, the benefits of living in sunny Florida, as opposed to central New York.............:)

I have to send my IDI's regs to Arizona.... insured for 2 regs the shipping cost is $30 and they are gone for at least 3 weeks.....

Much easier to drop of regs when I get my tanks inspected - I do them all at once each year in February.........when the water here is 34 degrees......

The OP was talking about buying from LP - so the reg needs to go back to them for service.........

M

I'd go with the dive rite. I mail mine into dive rite every year for service. I also have scuba pro, hollis, and tusa regs and use my dive rite the most. The other ones work great and have no problems, I just rely on my dive rite a little more.

If you can put together a little more money or you can get your LDS to give you a deal you might check out the Atomic Z2X (Atomic Aquatics - Home)

Atomic is running a deal right now with $50 dollars off and a free regulator bag ($75 dollar value). Which brings the retail to $499. If you can get some money knocked off that you are really close to your target price. The Atomics are some of the best breathing, driest, most comfortable regulators around. The Z2X comes with their comfort swivel and a nice mouthpiece. Anyway, sounds like you have some other brands in mind, but I think you can't go wrong with an Atomic.

Scubapro mk17/S600 or mk25/S600 or mk2+/S600 or anything from dive rite would be my choices. All can be had for much less than $400 if you know where to look.

Scubastore.com for scubapro gear or cave adventurers for dive rite or diverightinscuba.com for salvo or hollis or most everything else.

I will second the Aqualung Titan LX. Great bang for the buck. Same excellent breathing second stage as the Legend and less money. As others have indicated there is great value in these "mid-level" reg lines. I got caught up in hype a few years ago and got the Legend. I have since realized spending that much wasn't needed and I should have used the money toward the pile of other gear I have ended up "needing." :) Perhaps this would be true in your case...

Back
Top Bottom