Caye Resorts? Moderate Budget?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

brocketteer

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello to all! I have been reading this forum for a while and i wanted to thank all you for having such valuable information! yall are great!

But I also have a few questions? My dad and i are planning a diving trip to belieze for my senior trip for the Summer of 2010. I know it is a while away but we wanted to get everything situated.

We wanted to dive ALOT on this trip over 4-6 days. We wanted to stay on a Caye resort, unless proved otherwise. And we wanted to keep it on a modeate under 1700 per person budget...

HELP please!

Before we can help you I think we need a little more information.

You say a Caye resort do you mean one of Belize Atolls such as Turneffe Atoll, Lighouse Reef Atoll or Glovers Atoll or do you mean one of the Cayes such as Ambegris Caye Caye Caulker.

Once we know this we can better advise you.

Gaz Cooper

I was looking into on of the atolls like light house or Turneffe. We would like to stay away from high tourist resorts, so one that was an isolated caye would be nice.

While looking today, i came across Blackbird Caye resort, which seemed very nice. What are your thoughts on this resort as well as others?

I used to run Blackbird Caye resort and it is a great dive resort. I now am involved with Thatch Caye Resort and their diving is even better than Blackbird Caye in many ways and we do the Turneffe Elbow from Thatch, which is Turneffe's best dive. Thatch is a private island and minutes away from great dive sites.

As an outsider: I stayed at Thatch Caye recently and did their dive package with the whale sharks and was blown away not only by the diving and it's proximity to the reef (10-15 mins) but also the beauty of the caye and the attentiveness of the staff. Me and my girlfriend have dived alot and this was definitely amongst the best we've experienced. Check out their website, we weren't disappointed....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom