Indonesia Dive Resort Recomendations?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diver.Jason

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
So my kids are all in high school, 2 of the 3 are certified divers but none of them actually want to go anywhere or go diving. I don't get it. So my wife and I are looking for a place to go for next year's vacation. Not having to pay for kids, allows for our budget to be a bit bigger. Was looking at Indonesia, and would like recommendations for all-inclusive dive resorts. My wife is certified but got narced in a lake and had a really bad experience. So I don't force the issue. I am all in on diving as much as I can. So I need a place to keep my wife busy while I dive.

Open to other exotic locations as well.

Thanks,

Jason

So my kids are all in high school, 2 of the 3 are certified divers but none of them actually want to go anywhere or go diving. I don't get it. So my wife and I are looking for a place to go for next year's vacation. Not having to pay for kids, allows for our budget to be a bit bigger. Was looking at Indonesia, and would like recommendations for all-inclusive dive resorts. My wife is certified but got narced in a lake and had a really bad experience. So I don't force the issue. I am all in on diving as much as I can. So I need a place to keep my wife busy while I dive.

Thanks,

Jason
What keeps your wife busy? Shopping? Reading? Swimming? Hiking?

Reactions: Doc
We stayed with Ceningan Divers on Ceningan about a month ago. We had a really great experience.
Ceningan is an island off of Bali. It sits between Nusa Penida and Lembongan. We opted for the package that inlcluded diving and our meals. Small resort so it was not over packed. Great staff and the diving was amazing. Small groups on the dive boat as well. I think 4 divers to each guide. Most of our dives were 2-3 per guide. They included a pick up and drop off from the airport. We also rented a scooter so we were able to explore Ceninigan and Lembongan. The rooms were nice and the food was great. I would highly recommend them.

Eco-Friendly PADI Dive Resort | Diving Lembongan, Bali | Ceningan Divers

What keeps your wife busy? Shopping? Reading? Swimming? Hiking?
Site-seeing, shopping, swimming, sitting on the beach with a frozen drink. She can only drink one, she is a light weight when it comes to drinking.

None of the rsorts I've been to have any available shopping or site-seeing. Sorry.

Why all inclusive?...the location with those are generally not non-diving wife friendly.
What kind of diving do you prefer? Reefs? Muck/Macro?
How long will she allow you to be gone during the day?
How long are you planning yor trip for?
When are you going?
Are you a competent diver?
Indonesia is a big place with loads of great diving, but there are some locations there that have excellent diving but not super non-diver friendly.

Site-seeing, shopping, swimming, sitting on the beach with a frozen drink. She can only drink one, she is a light weight when it comes to drinking.
Your wife won't even dive in easy site?
Shopping is the most difficult part to fulfill in good diving destinations.
How about splitting the trip into two parts: diving first and then sight seeing + shopping afterwards?
Bali should fit the bill.

+1 Alum Batu. Great facility, great people, great service. For non-diving days they arranged a driver what would take my wife and I out for the day. Spent some time in a town eating, walking and shopping. Stopped as local markets and local merchants, a temple and a number of other stops. Was thoroughly enjoyable.

Diving is actually like sight-seeing, window-shopping and swimming combined into one single activity - just that the fish and undersea creatures are not for sale and instead of the many different shop windows - it is one huge expansive shop window….

Back
Top Bottom