How many military/ex-military people on the board?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Former Army 35D (Intel Officer, Lieutenant). Discharged and now re-enlisting as an E-5. Now that is dedication.

Marine Corps: '65 - '69. Was 0302 with 2/3 in '68, then spent the last year as a series officer at PISC. Am now a PADI CD...not really so different from being at PI!

Bruce

I was in the Marine Corps from 66-90, but diving is my first passion

Thought I would chime in -U S NAVY 1962 to 1966 USS ESSEX 1963 to 1966 Signalman (SKIVVY WAVER) Battle Station = 5 inch 38 Gun Mount Special assignments = Helmsman when I first came aboard (FUN!) Cert in 1981,OWSI 1989 thru mid 90's (Just like to dive now)

Marine Corps 13th MEU 1998-2002. Miss it all the time and can't think of one good reason why I left.

Served in the Royal Canadian Navy late 70's. I hear my old ship the HMCS Terra Nova DDE 259 may be sunk as an artifical reef. Looking forward to diving on her. Spent alot of time sitting on the Centerline SPA4 watching the radar go round and round. I must say I havent had as good a nights sleep as I did way back then with the TA's vibrating on the other side of the bulkhead and the ship rocking me to sleep. I dont miss the action alarm that was about 10" from my head though.

CPT, USA
Hawk Missile Systems Officer
4 yrs (3 in FRG, 1 at Ft. Bliss, TX)

4 yr ROTC scholarship to VMI

GI Bill (Vietnam era) paid for my MS and PhD degrees in engineering

USMC 1993-2003. Operation Enduring Freedom Vet. Yes, I miss it, NO I cant go back.. oh well, I like the water much more than the Desert.. Never did find 1 good dive spot in a desert..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom