Need a set of drysuit fins - recommendations please

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Slipstream and jet fins are very stiff fins, so doing flutter kicks on them will give you leg cramps, but these fins provide a lot of thrust; something you need when diving dry. Anyway, my $0.02 worth.

anyones thoughts on this?

Thoughts on what? Subzero's comments about flutter kicking? He's exactly right. Or did you mean something else?

Subzero:
The Slipstream and jet fins are very stiff fins, so doing flutter kicks on them will give you leg cramps, but these fins provide a lot of thrust;
anyones thoughts on this?
I agree. Jets are also heavy as well as stiff. I find that doing flutter kicks with them can be tiring. Now, in fairness, I have changed my diving so that frog kicks are just about all I do now - with my Quattros or my Jets - so it could be my legs are poorly conditioned for flutters.

yeah was referring to flutters...good to know...thanks guys.

I personally don't find flutter kicking to be excessively tiring with the jets, but that could just be because of my superman like quads. :wink:

Frog kicks are easier though...

I need to see a video of someone in these forcefins. Seems like we've gotten an influx of FF divers in the past couple weeks.

Jets or Turtles work well but if you have the MONEY, Force Fins are the cats a$$.

I agree completely, the fins rock, but they are a little pricey, but man they are well worth it. They have a fantastic warranty, get them, if you don't like them after a month of diving them send them back and Bob will refund your money. Just a word of advice, give them about 3-5 or more dives before you make up you mind, the kick is... well different, specially if you are coming from Jets or Turtles. But if you give them a serious chance I think that you will like them.

For your purposes, I would recommend going with the Excellerating Force Fin. They are a more powerful fin that countless #'s of dry divers really like. I personnally like the Tan Delta Material, but they are very pricey, the standard material is great stuff and unless you are a very strong swimmer they are probably better.
Check them out here. Excellerating FF

I need to see a video of someone in these forcefins. Seems like we've gotten an influx of FF divers in the past couple weeks.

Ask and ye shall recieve. ForceFin.com On the lower right side of the page there are a couple of videos, the first one is long but has some good footage of the fins in action. including, showing them in use in Drysuits and open circuit as well as CCR and other high load equipment.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom