Need a set of drysuit fins - recommendations please

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Perrone, any links for these new fins where I can take a peek at them?

I'll give you a couple options
1) Force Fins in XXL- everyone up to size 13 foot can fit a dry boot in them (myself included)
2) Force Fins Military SD-1 - fully adjustable footpocket that was designed for the Navy Seals to put their combat boots in. I have been diving this fin for almost a year now and they are absolutely awesome.

jdelprete, What kind of boots do you have on your drysuit? Turbosoles, rock boots, molded rubber? I think you might fit Scubapro's XXL Jet fin (the foot pocket is notoriously huge). My spring straps were one of the best investments I ever made. I have the Manta variety, and like them because they are simple and don't have any unneeded features.

PerroneFord, I went on the Salvo link, the fins looked pretty close to Jets. Any ideas who makes them? I currently have Rockets, and they are OK, but overly stiff in my opinion.

Rockboots, sorry I didn't mention that.

PerroneFord, I went on the Salvo link, the fins looked pretty close to Jets. Any ideas who makes them? I currently have Rockets, and they are OK, but overly stiff in my opinion.

They are a clone of jets. I do not know who makes them. They had a country of origin on the bottom and it was an Asian nation but I can't remember which. However, if you feel that your Rockets are too stiff, you would not be interested in these.

Thanks. I keep hoping that Scubapro might come out with an intermediate sized foot pocket for the Jets.

I wear an XXL OMS Slipstream(with spring straps) when diving dry and I would recommend them to anyone. Other options, which others have recommended are the Scubapro Jet Fins or Turtles. Of course when you go to these types of fins, you'll be doing frog kicks.

edit: The jet fins, not sure about the Turtles, are negatively buoyant. If don't plan on wearing either gaters or ankle weights, then I'd recommend the jet fins. Anyway, I'm sure other ds divers will chime in on this.

As for the spring straps, they're a must, IMO.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom