scuba pro yoke - 300 bar connection

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubadude_eric

Registered
Reaction score
hi

I am getting a sea elite 300 bar manifold and i am wondering if it would be possible to convert my MK25 yoke scuba pro first stage so that it would work with the mainfold. What kinda adapter would i need?

Take or send your MK25 to an authorized ScubaPro dealer and have the din kit installed properly. There is a specific torgue setting for the installation.

Give me a break. There's no hokis pokis to putting on a DIN. Yeah there might be a specific setting but tighten it up till it stops and then snug it, will be fine. I betcha 99% of dealers do it the same way I just suggested.

scubanarc once bubbled...
Give me a break. There's no hokis pokis to putting on a DIN. Yeah there might be a specific setting but tighten it up till it stops and then snug it, will be fine. I betcha 99% of dealers do it the same way I just suggested.

And they would be wrong! Remember, you are dealing with brass here, not the strongest alloy known to man. Overtighten, then add 3000 psi and you are stressing the reg and creating a dangerous failure point.

I am all for saving a buck, but, NOT where my life support equipment concerned. And don't worry, I won't even mention the whole Sea Elite manifold thing.

ahhh the old do we use a torque wrench or not discussion.
Joens

SC if I were you I would take my regs to the shop too.

It has nothing to do with saving a buck but I would rather fix, repair, overhaul my own regs then let some shop monkey do it. I think I'm more worried about equipment failure and my life at depth then some """Reg Technician"""" that gets paid $5-8 and hour is.

SeaCobra once bubbled...
Take or send your MK25 to an authorized ScubaPro dealer and have the din kit installed properly. There is a specific torgue setting for the installation.
And remeber this next time you have a flat tire -- you should only let the dealer change a tire. There is a specific torque setting for the installation. Have it towed to the dealer, let them put on the spare, do NOT let the tow truck driver put on the spare -- only let an authorized Chevy/Ford/Whatever dealer replace it. Shouldn't cost more than about $300-$700.

After all, tires are life support equipment and you should only let a professional maintain life support equipment, and how much is your life worth?

Gawd, it's going to take me the rest of the day to get my tounge out of my cheek...

When I picked up my DIN Mk20s (bought that way) from my authorized dealer, the DIN connection was finger tight! So much for the dealer OR the manufacturer being the holy grail.

Me, I care about my life. I'd do it myself.

Roak

I've NEVER seen one in a dive shop.

I, however, own TWO.

I put my own DIN kit on.

by the time I've switched back and forth from DIN to yoke for various uses, and since I'm not completely switched over to DIN because of tropical diving and tank rental. I've done it on tailgates of trucks, on boats, etc.

I've never used a torque wrench. I've never seen a torque wrench in a scuba tech's shop, and I've seen several shops. I use the "L" shaped allen wrench to intall the DIN kit. Like someone said above, snug them down and then put a little torque on it. You just have to snug down the face Orings, you aren't depending on threads for a seal. I wouldn't use any sort of leverage.

On the other hand, I'm used to mechanical stuff and got over a long time ago the "tighter is better" mentality. Ever strip out a spark plug in your car? You're torqueing it too much! I used to use torque wrenches for auto mechanical do it yourself, but not after I got used to various torques, uses, and materials.

It would be possible to strip out brass threads fairly easily. If you aren't comfortable, let a shop do it. I guarantee they won't use a torque wrench.

By the way, I've never had one leak or break.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom