Shameful service at Dive Sports with Phil

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tc246:
OP has to be the one to ask that it be locked.
El is into locking down any thread.

:showtime:

DirtRider:
I verified online that the credit posted on my account this morning. Thank you Phil for following through. Hopefully you'll let me give you the chance to make all that and more back again. Thanks to my fellow scubaboard members (inc Phil) who are reasonable people, hold each other accountable, and act with integrity. It makes for a good long term experience on the board, doing business, and in the water. Happy diving...

Dan

Maybe the "happy outcome" the OP should ask a MOD to rename the thread to
"... Now Happy Customer of Phil at Dive Sports" (or something similar).

also... Why lock it down? That's almost like Censoring it.

PhilEllis:
I agree with Dan. Shameful is a good way to describe how his order was handled. ....

Phil,

You guys really scre*ed the pooch on this order, didn't you? I'll tell you this though, I can't even count how may seemingly simple transactions I have had go south with all kinds of retailers and service providers. I have three examples without even thinking about it - long distance service, cell phone, computer. In all three situations, the amount of time I've invested trying to get things right have far exceeded the value of the products/services purchased.

In short, if I am gonna have a retailer scre* the pooch, I'd like it to be you. At least you own up to it and eventually get it right. Plus, you give stuff away for free!

Dirtrider,

Stuff happens. Be glad it was Phil and DiveSports. Believe me when I say it could have been far worse.

Phil
Any chance that after I order a 40cf (I really need a 2nd one), that you could screw up my order and give me the cylinder and refund? I'd gladly wait the 10 weeks like the OP did. :)

mike_s:
Maybe the "happy outcome" the OP should ask a MOD to rename the thread to
"... Now Happy Customer of Phil at Dive Sports" (or something similar).

also... Why lock it down? That's almost like Censoring it.

That is a great suggestion. MOD - please rename the thread as mentioned above. I wish I thought of that but am glad that someone did.

Adobo:
Stuff happens. Be glad it was Phil and DiveSports. Believe me when I say it could have been far worse.

Agreed. It could have been much worse. For a while I thought it would be...that i might not get a tank and might have to dispute charges with the cr card company. I am very thankful things ended so much better. For the record, Phil was the one who suggested that he give me the tank free. I admit I was shocked as no retailer has ever offered to pay for such a costly item no matter how bad their screw up was (and we've all experienced a few).

I am sure most business owners want a relationship with their customers so that each of them are supported well over the long run. I think we could compare that to a relationship among friends. Like any relationship we have with friends we make mistakes sometimes. You'll never have a good and close friend were there hasn't been some upset. The difference is that the friend who becomes your close friend is the one who went above and beyond to make things right and to look out for your best interests and not just theirs. Phil obviously cares much and wants the best diving experience for the people here on scubaboard and his customers and he has backed that up with his actions. Let the fact that he gave me a free tank and offerered to do it out of his own good nature speak for itself.

I wouldn't want to see this thread covered up and I doubt Phil would either. If anything, having this type of thing happen and get carried out this way speaks well of him and his business. Mistakes will happen...sometimes way beyond reason, but he did make it right. I am the customer and I would know this better than anyone. I am certainly satisfied and I'm sure all of you in my situation would be too.

Actually, this thread might attract more attention to it with it's name as is. There are all kinds of threads praising Phil to be found on the board, and if this one were to be renamed, it might get lost in the crowd, so to speak. With a negative name such as it has, anyone doing research on Dive Sports WILL read it before ordering from him, and will almost certainly be as amazed as I have been at Phil's dedication to customer service and always doing the right thing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom