Zena BC set up

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

winstonc

New
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm looking at upgrading my BC, and have been seriously looking at the Zena. I was wondering how others are attaching all of the extras, like a knife (I didn't see a mounting point). I really don't like having things hang off of me, so is the front pocket enough? Curious as to how others have set it up. Thanks in advance for your advice!

I have an smb and a little glow stick in a net bag, clipped to the plastic d-ring at end of right shoulder strap and then held with a bungee loop through the waist strap, so out doesn't dangle. Spare torch attached the same way to left shoulder strap.

Gauge console is clipped to left hip d-ring (can also clip it to the waist d-ring if more comfy)

My octo is on a bungee necklace.

I don't carry a knife, but have a trilobite in a pouch designed to attach to webbing. I put it on the left shoulder strap. I thought it would get in the way, but I don't even notice it there.

Snorkel (roll up) is stuffed in one of the weight pockets ( where I'm required to carry a snorkel, like qld, Australia).

Whistle is on the corrugated hose.

I don't like the expandable pocket zena comes with and don't use it.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my XT905 using Tapatalk

I have a titanium dive knife attached to the left front panel. The dive shop did it for me and it works great. I hang my compass on the bottom D-ring on the left panel, and when I take my DiveBuddy gauge, it clips on to the strap on the left side.

If I'm taking my camera rig, I clip an attaching coil cord to the top D-ring on the right side. If I'm spearfishing and collecting, my game bag goes on the bottom D-ring on the right side, and I use a fin carrying strap for the fish stringer on the upper right D-ring.

I added a pocket to the bottom strap on the right side (not the expandable pocket). My whistle clips in there, and when I want to carry my light, it's on a coil that also clips in the same place as the whistle and I drop the light in the pocket.

I am in the process of getting my Zena in about 2 weeks and was wondering about some of the things you were asking about. For me I keep my knife strapped to my leg. But I haven't really been spear fishing in about 10 years so I dont think that will be an issue for me.

Update -- i got my zena and have done 7 dives with it -- i love it . i keep my knife either strapped to my leg or or my arm anyways - easier to get to. There are 4 pockets for weights -- so finding what is right for you is basically up to you -- me - since it is a back inflate, I tend to keep my 4 pounders up front and my 3 pounders in back.

This bcd has LOTS of versatility IMHO, i love it. I keep my octo clipped with one of those little clips and I use the mares puck pro so the only gauge i have is a small pressure gauge which i keep close also. It also has the fold out pocket up front - which I really don't use as of yet.

Overall, I am very pleased with my set up -- next time Ill have someone take a pic so you can see how I have my set up done.

Back
Top Bottom