Zeagle's Express Tech: The first and last BC most will ever need (or want)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Got mine two years ago with a 30 lb donut system and got my GF an Express Tech with 35 lbs bladder last summer and we are both extremely pleased with our system. Been used in cold and warm water environments.

I'm 6'5 and 290 and I've dove all these.
If you want a recomendation, the Ranger might best suit your needs.
You will want a size 2XL vest with size XL shoulders. The back plate on the Ranger is one panel wider than the other models and this is a good thing on a wide body guy.
The Ripcord system will hold enough weight for your needs, the weights will be far enough forward on your hips to lock everything down on your back.
The

Used my Express Tech standard w/ 35 lb wing for the first time today. I'm a new diver and was using a jacket style BC but thought that this would be more comfortable. This feels like you have nothing on underwater. I've been told that trim control is a skill that a proficient diver can perform in any BC and I believe it, but as a newbie I did not have to try with this setup; any position was easy to achieve. Some complained earlier in the thread about the extra long hose but I find it convenient at this point. I can keep it strapped down and still add or release air as needed without having to find it and reach for it. I didn't use the ripchord weight pockets yet as I was in fresh water with my steel tank. Depending on how easy it is to switch out backplates, I may have decided to not spend the money on integrated weights and just got a SS backplate for when I'm in salt water with an aluminum tank. The small amount of weight I would need after that could go on the tank straps.

I'm very pleased with my purchase.

Just got back from diving Mexico with my wife with our new Express Techs. Amazing! So light, so comfortable, so easy to use and wear! Absolutely the best BC I've ever used. We've got the zip-touch systems on them too! I used 6lbs. in Cancun! (Pretty good I think considering I'm 175cm and medium built). The inflator hose is a bit long and takes a bit of getting used to, but after 2 dives the length actually started to grow on me. I actually really like it now. Also, I accidentally placed a double order on the weight systems, so I have 2 unused zip touch weight systems available if anyone would like to purchase them.

Just got back from diving Mexico with my wife with our new Express Techs. Amazing! So light, so comfortable, so easy to use and wear! Absolutely the best BC I've ever used. We've got the zip-touch systems on them too! I used 6lbs. in Cancun! (Pretty good I think considering I'm 175cm and medium built). The inflator hose is a bit long and takes a bit of getting used to, but after 2 dives the length actually started to grow on me. I actually really like it now. Also, I accidentally placed a double order on the weight systems, so I have 2 unused zip touch weight systems available if anyone would like to purchase them.

i'd be interested in the weights...can you ship to an FPO AP address on okinawa?

How far does the Ziptough weight system extend on the belt?

I ordered an Express Tech Deluxe through my LDS and just picked it up today. :D I ended up choosing the Zip Touch weight system and really like the placement of the pouches near the hips. Can't wait to dive with it. It replaces an old Deep Outdoors Integrity, which was a fine BC, but the weight pockets are placed in front and I ended up putting up half my weight in the trim pouches on back. Also, the 40 lb. bladder on my Integrity is much more than I needed for diving with a single tank in either the tropics or cold water here in the midwest.

wound up getting a 44lbs (i know i do NOT need 44lbs here)....i am too lazy to scroll through the whole thread but anyone have issues with floppy taco using a 44lbs?

wound up getting a 44lbs (i know i do NOT need 44lbs here)....i am too lazy to scroll through the whole thread but anyone have issues with floppy taco using a 44lbs?
Not at all. Their bungees are set up to eliminate that without creating any problems.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom