Zeagle's Express Tech: The first and last BC most will ever need (or want)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You are right, Gary. I often dive in only trunks and a tshirt... even in the caves.
Pete, I'm assuming (usually a bad idea) that you are still using only a t-shirt/trunks for exposure protection. Those requiring some neoprene to stay warm may need less wing lift. :idk:

Not for single tank rec diving. But lets not digress guys. Where do I get one

You don't say where you're at but I get my Zeagle stuff here: Downey Diving - SCUBA Instruction Equipment Travel Pittsburgh
The owner is a friend and my SDI Solo instructor. He does not have a web store set up but you can call him and tell him I referred you. Usually he is able to get Zeagle stuff in a few days and unlike some shops he will order an item in specifically. May cost a couple extra bucks for shipping but worth a try.

Unless you are encountering a taco effect, what's the real gain for having such a small lift? I remember diving a small lift BC (not a Zeagle) and was handed a steel 30CF stage bottle. I didn't have enough lift for both steels. Now, I teach in a 30 pound wing and my class consists of the 30 pound wings, but I do love my 44 pound set up. It's what I tech dive in (including side mount) all the time.

OMG !!! I dive Oxy Extreme 40# wings, don't run a salvage op on the side.....will my head explode ? Tobin, come quick, I need an intervention !

Going back to putting triglides/keepers on the harness to stop it slipping up (which is happening to me) am I putting it on the 'belt side' or the 'shoulder side' of where the harness goes through the metal guide at the bottom of the plate..

k that's what i thought everyone was saying, but if it's slipping up, wouldn't it need to be on the waist side to hold it in place? as in isn't the slack working out of the belt and in to the shoulder so there's a lot of room for it to slip? not sure how the shoulder side is helping the issue

Going back to putting triglides/keepers on the harness to stop it slipping up (which is happening to me) am I putting it on the 'belt side' or the 'shoulder side' of where the harness goes through the metal guide at the bottom of the plate..
The triglides/keepers are put on the shoulder side to keep you from over-tightening the shoulder straps and so inadvertently reduce your flexibility. If the unit is riding up on your shoulders, then the crotch strap is for you. My crotch strap is a bit lower than where the waist belt normally travels so as I tighten the belt, the unit is pulled a bit downward. You don't need much, but I always laugh when I see guys wearing crotch straps that hang below them. You don't get nearly the stability that this system can provide that way.

The problem or at least for me, was the BP would ride up some which let the shoulder section go slack. Since the waist was snugg, the slack migrated to the waist. It got loose so I would tighten it which caused the BP to ride up more and the process continued. The crotch strap does not help as it simply move with the loosened waist section. By putting the triglides on the shoulder side, the slack from the shoulders can not migrate to the waist section and all stays in place.

I suppose I should add that I have mine configured differently than most likely anyone else in this thread. I am using mine with a double hose reg which requires the tank and BP to be considerably lower than when used with a single hose reg. Unlike most, the top of my BP is not at my shoulder top but located down several inches on my back. The BP being at the top of your shoulders pretty much stops it from going any higher where as the way I wear mine, it has several inches to migrate before it stops.

i see.. cause in the pool trying it out i was hitting my head on the tank after a while. at first thought i put it on wrong, but then realized it was 'travelling' up while i was in the water. i'll try it out and see how it goes. seemed like most people managed to do without the crotch strap if they put the triglides in to stop the slippage so was trying that first.

ended up with the deluxe harness which is cool, but thinking about buying webbing and just going normal since its so much less clutter.. the quick releases and tons of extra webbing hanging off everywhere are a bit annoying.

ended up with the deluxe harness which is cool, but thinking about buying webbing and just going normal since its so much less clutter.. the quick releases and tons of extra webbing hanging off everywhere are a bit annoying.

See, I am just the opposite. I tried the standard harness, but it just isn't comfortable on me. The deluxe harness works a lot better for me....

That's why we make both styles!!!

:)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom