zeagle tech bc

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diverjeffro

Registered
Reaction score
Hello all I recently purchased a zeagle tech bc and was wondering if anyone had the instruction booklet or could tell me how the ripcord weight system works any help would beappreciated. Jeff

I have heard they are a little tricky to thread back in there once dropped...

Everyone is corect. Your dealer can show you how it works and can get you a book. If you purhased the BC from a Zeagle dealer they should have provided a book and explained how the bc works. Zeagle is fairly specific about the service they expect the dealer to prvide the customer at the time of purchas. If you purchased it used, from a private party....I want to say that the dealer will still help out. If you bought it "new" from a source other than a Zeagle dealer I would suggest going to where you made the purchase.

OOPS I left out one important word "USED" so there were no booklets or warranty cards. Also when i removed it from the box i found it to be pulled so i don't even know if all the pieces are there I am guessing when they sold it they pulled the cord to keep their weights. Oh well

Originally posted by diverjeffro
OOPS I left out one important word "USED"
Well, I knew that jeffro... I just wanted to make you say it... :wink:

See all those little loops in the bottom of the weight pockets?
That is where the cord goes.... thread it through the loops to hold the bottoms together.... don't miss any now.... and load your weights into the top... now pull the handle ... HEY!!! watch your toes!!! And you might want to do this outside standing over something sorta soft like the lawn.

Did it work? Great then you threaded it right. Now re-thread it and make sure that you don't miss any of the little loops.

Now when you take it out diving you should probably practice dumping your weights with all your gear on at least once just to make sure that the thing will work without hanging up on anything. You don't want to wait until an emergency to find out that you screwed up!!!

OK... now that you know that it works get back out of the water and take the thing off and re-thread the cord.... don't miss any loops... and then put your weights baaa.... Oooops.... go back out there and get your weights... (hope you tested it in shallow water)... OK now put them back in the top of the weight pocket...

Cool... now go out with your buddy and try it again because your buddy should know how to dump your weights too...

You know.... maybe you should just get a weight belt...

Or maaaaybeeee you should just sell the thing on ebay and get a nice backplate/wing/harness rig.... :wink:

Okay i had already started doing that but where does the end of the cord go? it just sits there and i am supposed to believe that 20lbs of wieght will stay in there.

i am supposed to believe that 20lbs of wieght will stay in there.
Well... try it and see what happens...

But of course you could cheat... sneak into an LDS that carries the Zeagle Tech and surreptitiously pretend to be carefully examining your next major purchase....

Or you could take your BC into the LDS and say with unabashed enthusiasm, "Hey guys... look what I just bought! Help me make it work."

Or you could take your BC into the LDS and say with crushing humility, "I...I...I couldn't resist this deal but then I realized that I need your help and since I didn't buy it from you I don't expect anything but scorn and contempt but if you will show me how to rig this up I will pay you... please don't hate me....;-0 "

Or something like that.

thread red cord through every hole inserted weight into zipper top picked up bc wow!! my toes hurt lol well guess I'll have to go to the local lds and look at brochures cause thats all he's got. thanks anyway. Jeff

thread red cord through every hole inserted weight into zipper top picked up bc wow!! my toes hurt lol well guess I'll have to go to the local lds and look at brochures cause thats all he's got. thanks anyway. Jeff
Jeffro...
You know you have to run the cord through opposing loops... one from each side of the bottom of the pocket... sorta stitch the bottom together with the cord...

Common... man... at least give me a nibble on the backplate plug... even if you aren't gonna bite on it... :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom