Zeagle Ranger, Vent doesn't seem to work

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dr WU, Why would he "snip that tiny wire"? Cutting the wire makes the shoulder dump useless. Obviously you missed the point that he doesn't have the power inflater...he has the Octo Z.

DO NOT cut the stainless steel wire that runs through the hose.

Dr Wu appears to be Trolling again..

You are correct. You cut the wire to make the dump useless. (well, less useless than it was when it worked)

Aside from that I did indeed miss the point that he has the Octo Z.

I amend my instructions: Remove the Octo Z, cut the wire, re-attach a power inflator and toss the Octo Z in the trash.

Thanks for the help everyone (except Wu..) the vent works just fine I used it today on one of my cert dives for my AOW. Helps to use it right :) I just needed to pull it from the Octo-Z rather than pulling the tube.

Thanks for the help everyone (except Wu..) the vent works just fine I used it today on one of my cert dives for my AOW. Helps to use it right :) I just needed to pull it from the Octo-Z rather than pulling the tube.

...also, as you will be stressing/pulling the dump valve/corrugated hose, it wouldn't hurt to install TWO fresh zip ties to each end of the corrugated hose, and make sure they are sufficiently tight......to help make sure you don't accidentally pull off the corrugated hose and do a face-plant into the bottom of the sea!

...also, as you will be stressing/pulling the dump valve/corrugated hose, it wouldn't hurt to install TWO fresh zip ties to each end of the corrugated hose, and make sure they are sufficiently tight......to help make sure you don't accidentally pull off the corrugated hose and do a face-plant into the bottom of the sea!

Great Idea, also put some spare Zip ties in your save a dive kit.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom