Diving with an attached Latex Dryhood

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

EliKmeid

New
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
Hey Guys!

I have been diving with a drysuit/latex dry hood combination since 2015 after sustaining an ear injury. Long story short I have to keep my ear dry. Ever since I have tried everything from the pro ear mask to ear plugs and nothing works well until I tried the latex dry hoods. So far I have a latex hood that I glue to my drysuit neck and I add a neck seal under it so that in case of a flood I do not flood my whole drysuit. I use a silicone surgical tube under the neck dam to vent the hood from the drysuit on descent and a small button hood vent on top to flush extra gas from the hood on ascent. So far this combination makes my diving completely dry, however after a while the latex stretches a bit and it leaks a small amount of water in.

My question is, are any cold water divers out there using dry hoods for a while? if so how did you solve the leaking water problem if any? is there any technique to flush the water out of the hood?

Thanks in advance for any input.

Eli

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom