zeagle ranger mask, ocean master Z1?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

raposarose

Reaction score
Hello,

My fiancee lost her mask (our dive instructor said wear it around the neck, not around the forehead -- a mistake she won't make again!) so I am giving her mine and am looking for a new one.

The basic question here is: what do you suggest, stick with the Ocean Master Z2, or try either a Zeagle Ranger Mask or the Ocean Master Z1?

The details are:

I previously had an Ocean Master Z2 which I liked a great deal. I never used the purge though so I was thinking about getting a similar mask with no purge. The Zeagle Ranger mask looks good, but I can't find it at any store around here -- I would have to special order it. Before I do that I would like to know if any one has experience with that mask.

I might just stick with Ocean Master but I was thinking about the Z1, which looks like the Z2 but with one window instead of two. I still won't use the purge, but since the Z2 fit well maybe the Z1 would be comparably but with a better view. (I tried the four window version out once, but returned it for the Z2 since the Z4 leaked a little, had higher volume, and the side windows gave a distorted view anyway).

Thanks in advance!

Fox

p.s. I also tried the Mares X-Vision but it leaked like crazy for me and the nose is too narrow -- I am taking it back to exchange for one of the masks above with a basic shape.

Hi Fox

Before mail ordering a mask, I strongly suggest that you try the fit of the mask at your LDS or from a friend. Personally, I try would try various masks at a LDS an buy which ever fits the best.

;-> gjw

Thanks for the advice. I certainly will try the mask on first. I would order it from an LDS, but if I don't like they won't make me buy it. I am not sure if it is even worth the wait to special order the Zeagle mask. I have seen high reviews on it (though I know that the source of the review is considered to be a bit dubious on the Scubaboard!).

I just want to get opinions on these masks, e.g. how the field of vision is, nice or problematic features, personal experiences with them, etc. For example, if someone had told me how distorted the view from the side windows was from one particular mask I would not have probably tried it out...

Fox

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom