Zeagle Express Tech vs BP & Wing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have an Express Tech I purchased and never used. There was a big thread started by the owner of SB on it about how great it is. In my opinion it is not. It has no advantages that I see over a BP/W. It does not pack up smaller, the 24 lb wing has no inner bladder, it is time consuming to disassemble.

My recommendation is to contact Dive Gear Express to see if they still have the $299 deal. I don't see it on there website but their website is not the easiest to find things. I am assuming the $250 BP/W is from Dixie Divers. I have not seen it so I do not know the quality.

Yea, it is the one at Dixie Divers. My daughter and I are going to be diving Blue Heron Bridge on Saturday. I thought if there was enough time afterwards, we might drive down and look at it in person.

Yea, it is the one at Dixie Divers. My daughter and I are going to be diving Blue Heron Bridge on Saturday. I thought if there was enough time afterwards, we might drive down and look at it in person.

A quick check of their website shows they are also a Dive Rite dealer. You can use the DR wing for a comparison. If the wing is of decent quality then it is a great deal.

for $250 just get that one, you can always get a SS backplate later for $100 or so and still be ahead of the game. Aluminum plates aren't a bad thing especially if you can get a deal like that.

I was able to find a catalogue for Sopra Sub. Looks like the outer shell of the wing is made from 1500 Cordura and the inner is made from nylon 290. This compares to the DRI which has 1600 Cordura outer and 15 mil urethane inner and Dive Rite Voyager EXP with 1680 denier ballistic nylon outer shell and 210 denier nylon inner bladder. Not sure how to process that.

An aluminum plate is disposable. If you want light try Tobins kydex hybrids. As soon as I wear out my aluminum plate I'll likely get tobin's hybrid and see how it does with heavy equipment and metal-metal abrasion. I've never dove Tobins wings, but I love the DR superfabric wings and have one of just about every size... just my thing..I can run a razor down the back of my nomad and it does no damage.

I personally like the PU coated cordura bladders as I can aquaseal it in a pinch, but they are crunchy sounding. A good Cordura will last as long as you are not brushing against zebra mussles/rust etc... If you get Tobins plate you may as well get his matching wing.

Buy something good... buy it once.

An aluminum plate is disposable. If you want light try Tobins kydex hybrids. As soon as I wear out my aluminum plate I'll likely get tobin's hybrid .....

hmm?? AL is disposable?? and you will wear it out?? I just wonder how it is possible even under the heaviest usage. Unless you are purposely trying to destroy it.

I have an Express Tech I purchased and never used. There was a big thread started by the owner of SB on it about how great it is. In my opinion it is not. It has no advantages that I see over a BP/W. It does not pack up smaller, the 24 lb wing has no inner bladder, it is time consuming to disassemble.

My recommendation is to contact Dive Gear Express to see if they still have the $299 deal. I don't see it on there website but their website is not the easiest to find things. I am assuming the $250 BP/W is from Dixie Divers. I have not seen it so I do not know the quality.

I bought the USD 299 and it is great :)
DGX said that they are planning on designing a new Single Wing so they take the USD 299 Single Wing Package off the list.
They said to me before that it will be ready in 4 weeks (which from now would be like 20 days).
Expect the new Single Wing Package to be available by then.
DGX have great Customer Service, just ask them around.

I should not make posts after midnight. After looking closer at the Sopras Sub catalogue, I see that they do not give specs for that particular wing. They simply describe it is low volume light weight.

I would just wait and see until you get there. Alternatively you can order it and return it in person if you travel down to South Florida often. The only thing I could find on the brand is that it is made in the Czech Republic and the quality of their other products seem to be fine. Why not call Dixie Divers and ask what the bladder is made out of?

Back
Top Bottom