Zeagle diaphragm ring 341-0122-CD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

wjrussell

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I need a diaphragm clamp ring for a Zeagle Flathead VI (pn 341-0122-CD). This is the same diaphragm ring used in the DSV, DS-IV, 50D, and probably others. Anyone have one laying around the shop? Or does anyone have a thrashed Zeagle reg for cheap? For the right price I want your broken Zeagle first stage (that's a long shot...).

Have you contacted an authorized Zeagle dealer to get a quote on part replacement?
Zeagle Express could probably get what you need.
Probably not cheap, though.
The diaphragm clamp is a rather substantial metal part on the first stage.

I've already placed a call to ZE, and I'm waiting on a response. Just trying to sort out all of my options.

I was in the process of servicing a second hand (and well used) Flathead. The ring that holds the environmental seal was corroded onto the diaphragm ring. While trying to separate the two parts I got overly aggressive with a wood jawed clamp and mashed the threads of the diaphragm ring (brass is softer than I thought). It was a stupid mistake, but live and learn.

Ouch! That sucks.
That's exactly the reason why I suggest using 2 pin spanner wrenches -- one on the end cap and one on the diaphragm clamp...just in case they get stuck together. In my experience, it's pretty common to see those parts fuse together due to corrosion, particularly if the reg hasn't been serviced in a while. That connection is a metal-on-metal contact point.

FYI, the Zeagle reg tech manual indicates that the Flathead VI-specific pin spanner wrench (P/N #347-0003) be used on the end cap and the "general" pin spanner wrench (P/N #347-0001) be used on the diaphragm clamp. I could be misinterpreting the manual, but the instructions suggest that technically you need both sizes of pin spanner wrenches to work on the Flathead VI first stage.

Good luck with everything...

ZE just got back to me. I got the part for about half of what I thought it would cost. Zeagle's awesome customer service is what keeps me coming back. It's nice to know you're being taken care of.

That's great. If I ever needed to purchase a reg in the future, Zeagle would be on my short list of desirable regs. Customer service is very important to me.

I'm really glad that things worked out for you. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom