"The incredible shrinking diaphragm"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My goodness Halocline, I thought you were more civil than this.

In any case, have you ever tried to take a full breath u/w from a mouthpiece not attached to a reg?

Sorry, I didn't mean to appear uncivil, but I get annoyed when someone repeats the fallacy that regulators are "life support". That's commonly done as a sales pitch and justification for restricting parts sales. if you are an experienced diver I'm sure you'd agree that any sort of equipment failure should not result in injury or death, as long as the diver is prepared for it. And, yes I have gotten a mouthful of water from a flooded regulator. The gag reflex and human body's ability to reject water going down the airway is very efficient. It's not fun to get a mouthful of seawater unexpectedly, but hardly life threatening.

When I first saw the title of this thread, I thought of a birth control diaphragm. It would be bad if your diaphragm shrunk.

What are BC diaphragms made of? and do they shrink?

If you lubricate silicone parts with silicone they have been known to grow but not shrink.

I do not know how you guys live with those little things anyways.

This entire thread is replete with opportunities :eyebrow:.

N

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom