Neighbor Gave Me a BC and Reg, LDS Says Toss 'Em

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The shop is most likely not advising what will or won't work at the bottom of a backyard pool but looking at things from a safety and comfort standpoint for open water diving.

Really appreciate your candor, here. I imagine it’s like cars— someone who knows their way around them can get away with daily driving a 70s muscle car, but that would by no means make a vintage a good first car.

Really appreciate your candor, here. I imagine it’s like cars— someone who knows their way around them can get away with daily driving a 70s muscle car, but that would by no means make a vintage a good first car.
Vintage dive gear is a reliable place to buy a regulator for $20 put $40 worth of parts into it and sell it for $15.

Vintage dive gear is a reliable place to buy a regulator for $20 put $40 worth of parts into it and sell it for $15.
It’s more of a chance to buy multiple regulators at various discounts, try to fix them up, realize that you’re in over your head, and then have someone point out that you could have bought something much newer for less three regulators ago.

Undoubtedly! Luckily, with the help of users here on this forum, I think costs can be kept down. Plus, man... that chrome. Pretty classic!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom