Zagg invisibleshield for the Atomic Cobalt

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NitroxScott

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I just received a email response from Zagg stating that they do not have plans to offer a shield for the cobalt computer as of today. The shields are very tough and work well on my oceanic computer. I am sure many of you have them on your ipods and cell phones. I would like help with emailing them asking to offer a shield for the atomic cobalt and many other dive computer. Maybe they will see a new area to extend their business. Pleas Help.....
You can email them at questions @ zagg.com
Thanks

Last edited:
I e-maile ZAGG a long time ago about that (like over a year ago) and I never even got a response...like you, I'm also using ZAGGs on my Oceanic Pro Plus II computers, so what I ended up doing was ordering extra screens that were for the Oceanics and cut then down to size/shape to work on the Cobalts...where there's a will, there's a way!

The Xen, Xeo and X1 all have ZAGG shields. We just needed to find the right person at ZAGG to get them to do it. They are not the most responsive company, but they will make a shield for a computer if the manufacturer convinces them to.

Eric Fattah
Liquivision Products

You would think that with all the phones and other gadgets they offer shields for that 1 model would be very close with no modifications. I think I will email and give them the dimensions and see what i get in response. Zagg responded the next day with my first question so maybe I will have luck. His name was..
Michael C.
Customer Service Representative
ZAGG Inc.
3855 S 500 W STE C
SLC, UT 84115
801.263.0699 x-(o)
801.281.3458 (f)

...also, ZAGG...used to......make screens for Cochran Gemini's, but they stopped production of those a while back, forcing me to use modified (custom home-cut/measured) screens designed for Oceanic Pro Plus IIs on some of my Gemini's as well.

You would think that with all the phones and other gadgets they offer shields for that 1 model would be very close with no modifications. I think I will email and give them the dimensions and see what i get in response. Zagg responded the next day with my first question so maybe I will have luck. His name was..
Michael C.
ZAGG Inc.
3855 S 500 W STE C
SLC, UT 84115
801.263.0699 x-(o)
801.281.3458 (f)

We'll try contacting them next week.

Thanks, Ron.

It would be great if you'd let us know what, if anything, you find out.

I emailed them a couple of months ago, so hopefully the Cobalt's on their radar screen given the number of inquiries they're getting.

Michael C.
ZAGG Inc.
3855 S 500 W STE C
SLC, UT 84115
801.263.0699 x-(o)
801.281.3458 (f)

Well I have a response from Zagg....

I may have found an invisibleSHIELD that is close to the dimensions that you have provided. The Olympus FE-340 is pretty close to the dimensions you have provided. Unfortunately we will be unable to give you the exact dimensions as that is proprietary information. I apologize for the inconvenience. You can find the Olympus FE-340 at the following link:

ZAGG | invisibleSHIELD | Olympus FE-340 Cases, Screen Protectors, Covers, Shields, Skins, Invisible Shield

If you would like you may purchase the invisibleSHIELD for the Olympus FE-340 for your Atomic Cobalt Dive Computer and it doesn't end up fitting correctly you are more than welcome to return it for a refund, as long as the return is postmarked within 45 days of the original purchase date. Here is a link for more information about our refund policy:
ZAGG | Frequently Asked Questions

Please note that we could not guarantee that our invisibleSHIELD design would fit for another device.

I hope this helps! Please feel free to contact us if you have any further questions or comments.

Thank you for choosing ZAGG! We appreciate your business.

All the best,

I have ordered one and will post and try to show pixs

Unfortunately we will be unable to give you the exact dimensions as that is proprietary information.
It's a little bizarre treating the dimensions as proprietary when they are available to anyone with a ruler. For what it's worth, the Cobalt screen protector is about 1.67" X 2.30". The screen size Cobalt uses is actually quite common, so it would be quite likely that one for another device would fit.

Apparently Atomic contacted Zagg some time ago, and were told to get a screen protector labeled for the Cobalt they would have to guarantee Zagg fairly substantial minimum sales, which they were unwilling to do. I have a message in with Zagg to find out if this is still the case.

According to Atomic's case/ materials engineer, the protector supplied with the Cobalt is for all practical purposes the same. I'd be curious if any of you who get a Zagg protector see a difference- thicker?

It's a little bizarre treating the dimensions as proprietary when they are available to anyone with a ruler. For what it's worth, the Cobalt screen protector is about 1.67" X 2.30".

Wow, I can't believe you just gave out that bit of Atomic's proprietary info like that. Good luck in your next job! :D

Seriously, I'm wondering if it was the thickness that's proprietary as perhaps that info would have some value for a competitor.

But in any case, it's not as if we're talking about the identity of the Colonel's eleven herbs and spices.

Back
Top Bottom