Z3 vs Z2X differences?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Scuba727

The difference between these two are just generational! They have the same features...The Z3 is the newer generation and has updated styling. We created the new generation and mirrored it after our T3. The Z3 has a 7 LP and 2 HP ports, brass swivel hose. It comes in the sleek, all-black look with metal trim ring...Great look/Great performance....Extremely low price.

Thanks for contacting us Scuba727...Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Ryan Kenney
Huish Outdoors

Thanks Ryan

My only other concern is with cleaning this regulator post dive, some have advised cleaning under pressure is required or ideal?

I will be using in warm salt water only.

Thanks again for the info.

Hours of soaking in fresh water under pressure is ideal for any regulator that's been used in salt water. It's not required for AA regs, though.

No problem! For care/cleaning a simple rinse once the dives are over and hanging to dry is all that is needed. I do know that many choose to soak....which is fine but it is important that it is pressurized when you do so. Atomic has a their seat saving orifice in the second stage and, if soaked, while not pressurized water can enter the hose and move to the first stage.

I have a Z2X with swivels at both ends. Great regulator

Back
Top Bottom