Your max depth!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yeah, you get $20 if your post count is lower than your depth :D
Then Im royally boned as far as those 20 bucks goes..

And for the record my max depth is less than 1/10th of my post count. I wouldnt go to the depth of 10th my post count either as I dont have the training and equipment for it.
Ive been around 100 feet a few times. Sometimes in cold water and sometimes in hot water and one thing is for certain; If you think you can go deeper than 100 feet without being narced because you've done it before - You have no buisness being at 100 feet or deeper.

(For the ones that actually do the math - this was my post nr. 1740)

72 feet and vis got to about 3ft, so don't know how deep I would go unless vis is a little better.

114ft (38m) is my personal deepest to date (both on air and nitrox). I would think that ~120ft/40m would be my max, but that's just a wild guess and given the circumstances I could probably do 135ft/45m. The viz and temps are often low in "my" waters so it's not like diving in warm clear waters. Done 100ft/33m in the west indies and that's like diving 30ft/10m in scandinavian waters...

My bottom time at 275 was about 2 minutes. I spotted the two rigs at about 225 feet so was able to go straight to them, I took my BC and shot some air into one of the BCs and then started heading back up.
I had two dive computers and clearly they had different software calculations for one dive computer was beeping red warning me I was nearing a decomp situation because of my depth and I need to start moving up, the other was beeping red telling me I was in danger of rising too fast. I had to keep them balanced as I rose. Finally at 150 feet I had to do a stop for about 30 seconds as my rising too fast went solid red. At 75 feet though they were both showing everything okay.
The 4 hour decomp was not indicated by the dive computers btw it was a safety thing for me.
But there is a small plague there showing my dive profile
Total Bottom time, 4'28" minutes. Depth 275' Verified by two dive computers.
They gave me a T-shirt with a gorilla in scuba gear.

43 metres diving at Pinnacles - ponta du Ouro and we were blessed by the presence of three medium sized Zambezi sharks that were luckily not interested in our group at all !The viz was about 30 meters + so it was noted as a highlight in my diving records . But then any dive is noted as a highlight !

My bottom time at 275 was about 2 minutes. ...
Total Bottom time, 4'28" minutes. Depth 275' Verified by two dive computers.
Looks like you did over 3 hours of extra deco. The plan below is for 10 mins at 275' on air and has you out in 50 mins.

V-Planner:

Dec to 200ft (6) Air 30ft/min descent.
Dec to 275ft (9) Air 30ft/min descent.
Level 275ft 0:50 (10) Air 1.96 ppO2, 275ft ead
Asc to 80ft (16) Air -30ft/min ascent.
Stop at 80ft 1:30 (18) Air 0.72 ppO2, 80ft ead
Stop at 70ft 2:00 (20) Air 0.65 ppO2, 70ft ead
Stop at 60ft 2:00 (22) Air 0.59 ppO2, 60ft ead
Stop at 50ft 2:00 (24) Air 0.53 ppO2, 50ft ead
Stop at 40ft 3:00 (27) Air 0.46 ppO2, 40ft ead
Stop at 30ft 4:00 (31) Air 0.40 ppO2, 30ft ead
Stop at 20ft 19:00 (50) Air 0.34 ppO2, 20ft ead
Surface (50) Air -30ft/min ascent.

Couples week ago my buddies and I did a 300' dive in 43 degree low-vis water. Our PLAN had us out of the water, clean, and enjoying lattes at the cafe while you would have still been doing all that deco...:crafty:

But I guess when you do a dive with a plan based on training you don't get a T shirt. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom