Your max depth!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

140' and when i am 18 i plan to go to 330'+ once i am Trimix certified and 18 years old

My deepest recorded dive is 130 feet. I did it on "The Tongue of the Ocean" wall dive site in Nassau. It was a beautiful site and we did some blue water diving off the wall as well. I regularly dive to 110 for my research but as soon as I can afford it I plan on doing some extended range and trimix training to hit the deeper stuff, maybe 300 ft + eventually doing commercial work.

To the those of you that do not understand the why people like me will go to 275 I will quote one of the most famous pioneers I know of. George Mallory was asked why he climbed to the top of Mount Everest. Clearly it was dangerous. His answer was because it was there.
Well I think most of us that have done reached the 200 foot barrier would say the same thing.
My answer was because I wanted to see if I could do it.
I was not in competition with anyone other than myself and my own abilities.
I planned ahead.
I staged tanks.
I stationed divers at 75, 100, 125 feet.
They were all prepared.
I took two dive computers and managed to stay safe on both computers.
I did a 4 hour safety stop on the way up.
Was it worth it?
YES.
Would I do it again?
No. I have been there, I saw nothing at 275 that I did not see at 100 feet. Less even as all color is gone.

120 for me

My max is 130ffw. Will I go there again? Sure, just not until I get through with my Adv Nitrox and Deep Air training.

Michael

T I will quote one of the most famous pioneers I know of. George Mallory was asked why he climbed to the top of Mount Everest. Clearly it was dangerous. His answer was because it was there.

Mallorys reply of "Because it is there " was to the question "Why do you want to climb Everest?"
not "Why did you climb Everest? " Big difference! It is possible he made it to the top but more likely that he died on the ascent George Mallory - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

4 hours of deco? What was the bottom time?

Mallorys reply of "Because it is there " was to the question "Why do you want to climb Everest?"
not "Why did you climb Everest? " Big difference! It is possible he made it to the top but more likely that he died on the ascent

I can empathise with the feeling though. There is something about setting a challenge and meeting it.

130 wreck diving off Hatteras NC - it doesnÃÕ take long to go into Deco even with Nitrox.

I can empathise with the feeling though. There is something about setting a challenge and meeting it.

I understand this too. Did alot of it pushing the limits rock climbing -- Really glad I did. Then one day I had a close call and woke up to realize most of my "invincible" climbing heroes were dead (most died under 35 yrs old).

Dano, Jose and Alex (some of the best in the US and world & good friends) died miserable deaths one after the other. Other friends were permenantly disabled. The gruesome details of their encounters took the glamour out of pushing limits to the edge.

Decided there were other things I wanted to do in life besides die on a climb, like SCUBA 100ft under water with sharks :blinking:. Push my own psychological limits, but perhaps not push the limits of the human body and natural environment - even though the feeling of accomplishment & empowerment when you do, is well --- indescribable.

Personal challenges can be found in other places than the absolute edge - endurance is certainly a playground as is completely unfamiliar territory and percision just to mention a few.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom