Your First Car....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

my first car was a 1979 VW rabbit (now called the golf)

my second was a 1988 VW Fox Wagen

my third is a 1998 VW Jetta (glx of course)

I think my next car will be a bmw or an audi don't know yet...

My first car was given to me by a friend of a friend.
1984 Olds 88. Gas sucker. Wasn't a bad car though.

1978 Isuzu Gemini ( 2 door ) given by my parents.:eek:ut:

Sold it a year ago... I miss my Henry.
Great little truck. he was good to me. I can't believe my drysuit costs as much as my first vehicle. I realized that today... blows my mind.
Now I bike (no, no motor involved), mooch rides (usually restricted to diving), trust my feet or take chances on public transit. And I don't miss driving all that much.

ew1usnr once bubbled...

Everyone's first car is cool! Pop in a Dead cd, and you are talking about the ultimate in cool.

CD player, hmmmmmm, must be a youngster!

I was happy to have a cassette deck, instead of an 8 track player:)

1978 Chevy Chevette. The dead tapes I played were current!!!

Mine was a Black 1977 Pontiac Trans AM with T-tops and a 6.6 liter, 403 CID oldsmobile V8. Now that was a fine automobile. 8mpg no matter how you drove it.

It was a great time in my life when i spent more on tires every month than gas and insurance combined. :D

My first car was an Austin A50 pretty much like this one.

Except the few bits of bodywork that had not entirely rusted away were covered in nasty pink primer. I could run faster that it's top speed.

No idea what happened to it -I shared it and I think I just walked away from the 'deal'. I could always walk to the pub - Student days........

I bought this little THING, two door hatchback, for $120. Don't remember now exactly what it was, although it was a Japanese make and the size of a Dodge Omni. It was advertised as a "parts car" but was still licensable. It was standard transmission and I didn't know how to drive stick then. I kept it for a while, let people drive me places in it, then discovered that the frame had essentially decayed to the point where there was nothing left to weld reinforcements to. I ended up selling it as a "parts car" to a kindly gent who needed the engine - I got $75 for it and he towed it away. I actually shed a tear though...........first car and all.

When I was 16 I spent my entire life savings on my first car.... a 1968 VW Beetle. It cost a whopping $175.00 and was actually as old as I was at the time.

It also broke down on average once or twice a week. I can thank this car for all I know about fixing cars.

Even with all of the problems, owning this car was a great experience. If I had a hobby car (asuming that diving left me enough time for another hobby) I would definatly like to have another classic Beetle. I'd restore it, give it one really ugly and loud paint job, drive it all over the place just to turn heads. Great fun!

hmmm...
Like I mentioned earlier I am without wheels. One of the main reasons for which is "I can't afford a vehicle."

And yet I managed to spend more on a Drysuit (& some other gear) than I did on my truck.

And I'm probably happier with the dive gear.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom