Your First Car....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

1968 GTO Convt. 400 Engine his/her shifter with a 3500 stall. Had way too much fun with it!! My dad took it away from me and gave me a 1977 Honda Accord instead.:(

First car was a 1979 Pontiac Grand Prix that was handed down to me by my folks. Had it about 8 months and ended up running into the back of a beer truck at about 50 MPH (I think the brand was Pabst Blue Ribbon, go figure).

My first car was an old 1958 cherry red Chevy. I could barely see over the steering wheel. The week before my Dad gave it to me, I got new contact lenses that I couldn't adjust to. So between the lenses and this monster of a car I managed to sideswiped 10 cars and 1 house in the first two weeks of ownership! Needless to say it was only in my possession two weeks and a day...

Mare-by-the-sea:)

My first car was an 99 Thunderbird Turbo Coupe. Paid $4600 for it in December of 1995. But December of 1999 I had put enough money into it to have almost paid off a 1995 Thunderbird if I had bought it new. I put nearly as many miles on it on the back of a tow truck as I did behind the wheel. You name it and I probably replaced it. It was a blast to drive but it sure cost me a fortune.

my first and still my only car, is my '93 GMC Yukon.

Got it in an inheritance back in '97 (thanks grandpa) and still have it now..

A 1956 Chevrolet Coupe . . .

First (legal :wink: ) car was a 1986 Lada Niva 4WD.Biggest P.O.S. ever imported from Russa. Earth shattering 1.6L engine with 5speed and posi rear end. Top speed was about 60mph but it could pull the devil outta hell. 2 guys could pick the front end right off the ground. Had a spare starter (hand crank..yes you heard me right) under the hood in case you flattened the battery. Equipped it with a whopping 28watt cassette sound system and a 40 watt amp for the rear speakers :fro:
It left this world one night as I was doing bunny hops and I stripped the gear box and the rear pinion gear. R.I.P.

69 Firebird - Got it as a sophmore in HS and still have it (41 now). Painted it green twice (orginal puke color the first time and midnight green the second) and guards red (porsche) the last time. Been sitting on jackstands in my garage for 15 years, everytime i look at it it cry a little and promise myself to finish the interior (grey naughahide and red velvet) and enjoy it, just hard to find the time.

My first car was a 1986 Vauxhall Astra. Myself and Mr Mares went along at night to view the car. :11: Big mistake.
Anyhow I fell in love with it & Mr Mares hated it, but being a woman I just sulked for a wee while threatened to withhold certain favours :wink: and got my own way. That car ended up costing us 3 times what we paid for it over the year that I had it, in the end it was scrapped. Anyway the next cars were all picked by Mr Mares, and am happy to say that I have had no trouble.

Kayla:
I seem to be asking this to a lot of people lately.. as I get closer and closer to getting my license... and hopefully my own car after that... My question to you is.. what was your first car? :) Thanks in advance for your answers!:)

Kayla:)

1971 VW Bug named Lightning.

as a side note the car was two years older than me.

Back
Top Bottom