Your First Car....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

1970 Dodge Coronet

It was one model below the Charger, I traded my dirt bike for it, drove it for couple of years and then sold for couple of hundred to some young lad for his first car. It was typical of Dodges back then, start immediately on coldest day in middle of winter, but if a mosquito pi$$ed on the hood, it would be too wet to start! :D

This car was a total POS. First, Oldsmobile had converted a perfectly good V-6 gasoline engine into a diesel by shoving some glow-plugs inside and hoping for the best. It had the acceleration of a bloated Donkey. The warranty on the transmission was good for 50,000 miles, and the I'm stupid died at 52,000. Ugh. What a stupid car.:boom:

A metallic grey Buick Skyhawk hatchback.

It had Louvers over the hachback and everyone wonderdered
how i could see out the back window.

Was given to me for free by my aunt. Had it in high school. Navy blue, got about 5 MPG and broke down every few days. Grateful Dead sticker on the back, amongst others (you know the Eagles tune . . . ).

Total piece of junk . . . and I loved it.

1978 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme - got rear ended at 40mph and not a dent on the car!!!!

It really was a great first car -

in contrast I'm now behind the wheel of a 2000 New Beetle - Its an adorable car but I wouldnt want to be rear ended in it!

NJDiveGirl once bubbled...

in contrast I'm now behind the wheel of a 2000 New Beetle - Its an adorable car but I wouldnt want to be rear ended in it!

Ahh, but at least its a cute car. And think of the milage you get, its pretty good right?

I started with a 1990 suburban which i got in 1998, and took to school in 2000, 3 years of only me owning it, and driving like i do, and only 104'000km, i managed to destroy the I'm stupid, the words of the mechanic, fubared. Oh, and managed to break the heater, exhaust, radiator, a number of tires, cooling system, power window, door, and a number of other things...

Not sure whats wrong with me:rolleyes:

But it was great for carrying gear around, getting wet, hauling wet divers after drift dives, and few ppl messed with you on the road, talk about feeling safe... Trucks rule.
Now I have a 2003 Murano, since it's stylish, but I'm scared to put wet gear in it.
Eric

Great car, until the transmission starting going -ended up with no reverse or first gear. but was a hit with the girls and cost $90 - lots for someone scrimping through university (British Racing Green, leather, wood on dash and doors, could crank start it when the battery failed)

then (in order):

1963 Ford Galaxie 500 (black - good car)
1964 Ford van (hauled our band equipment aroud in this)
1967 Dodge Monaco 500 (a real boat)
1968 Norton Atlas (cycle) (1 hour riding - 1 hour maintenance)
1973 Dodge B150 van (workhorse)
1982 Honda Accord (I don't know why either!)
1983 Honda CX-500 (cycle) (low maintenance!)
1984 Mazda RX-7 GSL-SE (fun, fun, fun)
1985 Plymouth Voyager van (wife & kids could no longer fit in the RX-7)
1992 Ford Aerostar van (haul kids and stuff (SCUBA) to the cottage)
2000 Acura 3.2 TL (great car)

soon:
2004 Toyota 4-Runner (the van is on its last legs)

My first car was a hand me down from me Pops...

1981 Chevy Malibu. 8 cylinder with a Rochester 4 barrel carb (if I remember correctly). Piece of crap car...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom