Your favourite bar or cantina

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I thought I remember reading a post a couple years back from a local, that women of ill repute could be found in them. It's possible I misunderstood the comment.

They're basically a small local's bar. Right?
Are any women that frequently hang out in bars NOT of ill repute?

Well, there are Cantinas and then there are Cantinas. Just like bars in the US.
I think the Fish must close around 8 or 9? Now if you want the other kind, I know a guy who knows some places....

Thanks, but I'm all set!

Sure you know a guy....:wink: Kinda like, "I have a friend who....."

PH

---------- Post added January 29th, 2014 at 09:28 AM ----------

I hope so.

PH

Oh dear....

800px-Fire_fighters_practice_with_spraying_equipment,_March_1981.jpg

Gun and I are ready for the clean up.....

OMG - that's literally down the street from my house - although I've never been there! Haha! Yep, it's called La Jungla - I didn't know people really went there - but I'm not really a Cantina connoisseur! Haha!

Haha, I didn't even think about that since we came in from the other direction. If that is the name of the place we were at, it was kind of a dump, but packed because of a big soccer game. They had a couple of very good botanas with shrimp in them that were very spicy but great.

Edited, I was wrong on the name it was Chendos which is on 40 or 45 and that had the good botanas. We only stopped at Jungla for a couple of beers and left.

Last edited:
My favorite bars are ones I can't remember the names of. This thread brought back memories (well, sort of) of my first visit to Cozumel, which was partly diving but mostly just hanging out. I hadn't been there more than a couple of days before I met some locals who took this gringo who thinks he can speak Spanish out with them for a night on the town. We visited several places, none of which I can remember. In the middle of our pub crawl we stopped by some stands for some snacks. By the time we got to a bar with ladies of questionable character, I wasn't coherent enough to chat them up. Great memories ... or not!

There's a great little place over in the east side with a second story deck across the road from the water near either Chen Rio or Playa Bonita. I don't remember the name but it's run by some friends of Matteo's. They are Brit sounding, possibly from South Africa. I met a bunch of US ex-pats living on the island last time I was there. Very cool vibe.

There's a great little place over in the east side with a second story deck across the road from the water near either Chen Rio or Playa Bonita. I don't remember the name but it's run by some friends of Matteo's. They are Brit sounding, possibly from South Africa. I met a bunch of US ex-pats living on the island last time I was there. Very cool vibe.

You are thinking of Andales, it is right across the street from the main part of Playa San Martin.

Seriously? Moss is that teflon? Not one feminist is going to object?

It doesn't have to be a "feminist" so much as "anyone with any woman as an ancestor".

The issue is that people who will say stuff like that in writing in a public forum are immune to reasonable argument. Pointing out when they are ignorant defecatory orifices just seems to make them do it more.

Back
Top Bottom