Your favourite bar or cantina

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wet Wendys for an in town bar. For a Cantina, I can't remember the name of the place but it is on Ave 50 and it has very good botanas. I think it may have been call La Jungla.

OMG - that's literally down the street from my house - although I've never been there! Haha! Yep, it's called La Jungla - I didn't know people really went there - but I'm not really a Cantina connoisseur! Haha!

Last edited:
The bar at whatever all-inclusive I'm staying at, 'cause it's free!

But if I have to pay, I'm partial to No-Name. Unbeatable location.

OMG - that's literally down the street from my house - although I've never been there! Haha! Yep, it's called La Jungla - I didn't know people really went there - but I'm not really a Cantina connoisseur! Haha!

Doesn't the term cantina have a more negative connotation than most visitors realize?

PH

I really liked La Hach on my last trip. Very strong drinks and great views of the sunsets.

Also, got to mention the No Name Bar. They had my hockey on during the playoffs last May. I know the owner is a huge Blackhawks fan. After my Pens went down I would have loved to have seen her reaction when they finished off the Cup last year.

Can you elaborate? The ones I frequent have families at them.
I thought I remember reading a post a couple years back from a local, that women of ill repute could be found in them. It's possible I misunderstood the comment.

They're basically a small local's bar. Right?

I thought I remember reading a post a couple years back from a local, that women of ill repute could be found in them. It's possible I misunderstood the comment.

They're basically a small local's bar. Right?

Well, there are Cantinas and then there are Cantinas. Just like bars in the US.

El Fish at 8 and 10 is our neighborhood cantina. It is not the kind you are thinking of. Some families. Groups girls after work. Just that regular atmosphere. And many of them close early and they just have a license to sell in the afternoon/early evening. I think the Fish must close around 8 or 9? Now if you want the other kind, I know a guy who knows some places....

nudge-nudge.jpg

Got to use Python twice in a week!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom