Your favorite New England dive spot?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think melissaphish's boyfriend Gary (who came out for a Back Beach dive with us) will have his boat ready in the spring too... :)

That's intersting abou the old lighthouse, isn't the bell from it on display by Cohasset harbor?

The South Shore is really littered with wreck sites, I've been meaing to dive the Delaware for a while, it's a pretty short boat ride out of Cohasset and the GPS numbers are published and Dave Clancy of wreckhunter.net gives out landmark headings. Alot of times while out fishing, I've seen a Grady White flying a dive flag right in that collamore ledge area.

I hope at some point the wreckage of the Forest Queen in open to all divers (it's permit only now), everyone knows where it is though.

One last question:

Does anyone know what the deal is with the wreck marked off on NOAA charts as being right by the 21 bouy past Minots? I was out there a few years ago with the GPS looking for it on the fish-finder and we got a big spike, but, I never dove it and I've always wondered if it had been explored?

would be a fun dive, and one of my great-uncles tells me there is (or used to be) a big anchor nearby. Any idea how long a MBUAR excavation permit can be in effect if they aren't doing anything but sitting on it? Last I heard, they lost the financial backing they needed for the recovery operation when the tech stocks crashed.

I don't know about the wreck near the bouy, but I'd be happy to join you if you want to check out that spike sometime!

I'm not sure how long that Forest Queen permit runs for, I'd love to dive her if it ever opens up. I've heard lots of rumors about there being alot more silver found that the one 73lb ignot reported, but, who knows if that's true or not. A friend of friend told me right where she is though, 30' of water, if it ever opens up it will probably be a shore dive.

So, I take it you are related to some of the Silivas out of Cohasset huh? Now those guys found some nice stuff! Those anchors alone (outside the old Lobster Pound) are the find of a lifetime. I heard they had to dynamite one of them to get it out.

One of my friend's fathers (a lobsterman) had me searching for a huge anchor off Nantasket all summer, but, we haven't found it yet, pretty tough search conditions there.

Maybe next spring we can put toghter a group to take a look for that #21 wreck, it must be pretty big to show up on a NOAA wire drag, and like I said it's shown as a wreck on the chart. My father and I (I'm 24) have 16' maratime skiff right now that we launch out of Cphasset, it's rigged for fly fishing, but, we dive out of it on occassion. Hopefully, by next summer we'll have something bigger.

I'm one of the Cohasset Silvias... related to the Jasons. Those guys were at it from the start, diving in exposure suits they glued together out of rubber, with everything but the regulators homemade.

I'm definately down for a trip out to the wreck!

Cathedral Rocks- shore, dive great dive, look for the huge trorpedo ray

Nubble Light- night dive, excelent place for a relaxed night dive, lots of scenery no crowds or students

Isle of Shoals- boat dive, always something different to see. Use Captain Rob's charters, he has a nice boat and is real nice guy. I think he'll be at searovers this year.

Lake Champlain- great for wrecks, a nice place to do some wreck diving, no salt water, less weight needed, near a great city(Burlington, vt).

Cathedral Rocks- shore dive, great dive, look for the huge trorpedo ray

Nubble Light- night dive, excelent place for a relaxed night dive, lots of scenery no crowds or students

Isle of Shoals- boat dive, always something different to see. Use Captain Rob's charters, he has a nice boat and is real nice guy.

Lake Champlain- great for wrecks, a nice place to do some wreck diving, no salt water, less weight needed, near a great city(Burlington, vt).

vertaqua once bubbled...

I've only dived the Horse Ferry and the OJ Walker, but look forward to doing some of the other wrecks in the preserve. I grew up near Burlington and my family is still there. My dad is getting a new boat with a dive platform on it next season, so I'll be hopping off the side a few times, I'm sure! Yea, Dad!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom