Your favorite dive spots

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We are from Connecticut...

Nylorac, what part of CT are you from? Are you up by the Enfield area? Ever go to Enfield Scuba? I live just over the border to CT.

dd

Keeping it quick and simple:

Shore - 1st Place = Folly Cove, 2nd Place = STB
Boat - 1st Place = Pinthis, 2nd Place = City of Salisbury

LobstaMan

I like Lob Lolly cove very pretty dive, Whales cove as well. Looking to dive at Cathedral rock for the first time, Anyone see good stuff down there ??

David

Eastport pier is great. Also, Schoodic Lake in Maine is great. There's a lot of old piers and fish hanging around them if you go to the Lakeview end. Best thing is that it is a dive that anyone can do and you can get a lot of depth if you want. And it's never crowded.

Anybody dive the Race? With the number of fish I've pulled out of there, I imagine the bottom topography is something else, just watch for the current.

There is a good book that my LDS (North East Scuba in chelmsford,MA) carries called Shore diving New England. The book is by Jerry Shine and it gives shore dives from maine down to CT.

Still getting Certified but Good lists here guys! :)

I am new to CT diving and so far I have only been to Stonington and a few points in RI. While I greatly enjoyed all of the sites I have been to (it only takes a few fish or invert photos to make me happy), I live on the other end of the coastline west of New Haven. I was wondering if anyone could recommend any other shore dive spots in the sound that are closer than Stonington? Also, any good sites for sea robins? I would love to photograph some.

Newport RI Green Bridge. Long surface swim out of the cove, heading southeast there are 2 or 3 (I forget it's been awhile)"reefs" out in front of the castle the one seen at the beginning of the "Dark Shadows" TV program, that make a nice tour. There are usually fish feeding around them and of course bugs. There's probably not any left but in years gone by live 40MM anti-aircraft ammo could be found laying around the bottom. I used to pull the bullet out and use the powder (still dry) to start campfires.:D. If you have a small inflatable you can go to the natural arch at gooseberry island just to the east of the reefs. I'll be heading there again sometime hopefully soon.

1. u853
2.beavertail
3.castle hill
4. brenton tower ( before they torn it down )
5. fort adams

a. fort getty
b. fort wetherall
c. kings beach
d. battery park ( who knows, you might find a cannon or two )
e. pt jude

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom