Your favorite dive spots

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Don't forget Cape Cod Race point for Lobster Nauset Barges Monomoy Wrecks Both jettys on east end of Canal

Just started diving in New England waters this summer so my diving experience here is limited, but so far Folly Cove is by far my favorite although Loblolly Cove was interesting as well.

I have another Site if you would like to try it. It is Just pass Folly Cove.
You Keep going Pass Folly Cove, You will see a Cemetery on your right.(SEASIDE Cemetery).
Pull in and go all the way to the Back. You will have to carry all of your Gear down a trail to the Water. It is flat Rocks for easy set-up. Becareful on entry of slippery rocks, but the Water Drops of to about 30-40 ft almost right away. There are alot of Lobsters & Pots in the area.
It is a very nice Dive area.
P.S. It is not on any Dive Charts, It is found by word of mouth.

We just dove Canoe Beach in Nahant twice. A two-tank dive during the day last Thursday (work?) and a single tank night dive on Sunday (11/6/13). It was a great surprise. After swimming out to the "Chimney's" in the center of the cove we headed left (west) to the see what the topography was like along the western side of the cove. And it was fantastic. Lots of interesting boulders with narrow channels and several small (one person) caverns. Visibility was more than 10' and maybe even 15' at times.

The night dive was also just great. It was at low time and the swim to the Chimneys was quick and easy. Again on the left of the cove the structures were very interesting at night and there were more fish (we saw a great Sea Raven and followed him around for a while).

The entry from the beach is very easy. To the right of Canoe beach is "40 steps", which will be our next dive in Nahant - but it has a much more challenging entry.

Parking was easy and the Northeastern University facility (gated) had a port a potty for the PDP. We called the police on Thursday and they were fine with us parking - there are signs everywhere about non-residents being towed. It was raining on Sunday night and we just left a note in the car window.

Recommended.

For my day trips from NY there is little to brag about. Guess my favourite is Pleasure Beach (near New London). No charge to park (a rarity for CT, LI), easy entry boat ramp. Maybe only 12+ feet depth but I may find a Channelled Whelk or two. After that would be Hammonassett State Park, CT.

Back
Top Bottom