Your Favorite Back-Inflated BCDs?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ShallowDiverDave

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
And Why Please? thanks!

DiveRite Transpac - its whatever you need it to be. If you like building your gear to suit your specific diving needs, its nice.

Zeagle BCDs - I own a Brigade but if I had it over to do again I would seriously look at the Stiletto or the new one coming out. I think it was called the Lazer? Sounds like a nice design.

Here is a pic of my Brigade and DiveRite Transpac for comparison:

http://www.elliscountyequine.org/images/100_0472.jpg

(I should mention that I am a newbie that dives warm water / rec dives only. If I was a cold water, doubles, lots of neoprene, kinda guy I would be wearing a DSS BP/W probably)

I'm partial to Oxycheq wings. Friends have Halcyon and other than a few issues with the inflators - love them.

I've had other back inflate bcd's that aren't BPW's and for me they just don't compare.

Dive Rite "Venture" wing for salt water and thin wet suit.
Dive Rite "Rec" wing for everything else.

A special manufactured stainless steel backplate from "The Kraken's Forge".

Basic webbing.

As simple and efficient as it gets.

the K

Zeagle BC's - I own a Zeagle Zena. It is a modular system so that you can get a custom fit for your body type. I adjust the straps once and then simply zip in and out of it! It fits me like a glove and they also offer accent colors. I have a neon yellow front panel which coordinates with my other neon yellow gear!

-amadeus

Zeagle Brigade. Sturdy design, packs up nicely for trips, very comfortable to wear, very easy to adjust trim with the rear weight pockets.

MtnDiver:
Zeagle Brigade. Sturdy design, packs up nicely for trips, very comfortable to wear, very easy to adjust trim with the rear weight pockets.

Same as above! I love my Brigade!:D

I like the brigade, the escape, the balance, the transpac, and I dive and prefer a (BP/W) Dive Rite Transplate with a Venture wing and SS plate.

I like the above becasue they are all rugged but fairly simple-not over kill like the black diamond. Want bulky, heavy, bouyant, hard to pack, slow to dry, and expensive then go with a well made black diamond, the tank of BC's.:wink: My reason for picking on the black diamond is to furthur point out why I like the above BC's. Other than that, it's a great BC if you want a flack jacket.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom