Your coldest water dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

42F at 70 feet last Saturday with a wetsuit in Kingston, ON.

It was damn cold.

-J.-

28.7 degrees water (very high salinity lowers the freezing temp), -60 air. 15 mins.
(I also did the triple dip swim, naked.)

Antarctica

I also did a 45 min. dive in 59 degree water. Jeans and a t-shirt, gloves, booties, hood, forgot my wetsuit, but it was a great spot! Got 7 lobsters.

38F in BC, Canada. Did it one year without dry gloves and will not do that again.

I've got a bunch at 37F, or Frickin' cold in my temperature scale. Really want to do some ice diving but we didn't get a sustained cold this winter to freeze anything over, looking at headed over to Russia next summer to fix that.

On 2/20/2005 Woods Hole, MA 34 deg F. Had quite an ice cream headache for the first couple minuits of the dive then it went a way. My face was numb after the 35 min dive.

North of San Francisco water temp 48 degrees. I was in a 7mm Pinnacle Polar wetsuit with a 2/1 shorty underneath and froze. 20 minutes into the dive I was shivering uncontrolably. Drysuit is on the shopping list.

Monterrey, CA - 44 degrees in a 7mm.

aboalreem:
What is your coldest water dive you have ever been in? and how COLD?

56F - In a 5mm shortie.

Back
Top Bottom