You want to do 2days or 4days of diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bubbles below

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
:cakefight:My buddy,my husband, originally wanted to dives as many days as I'm scheduled in Cozumel. But, since his non diving friends w family will be in Cozumel the same time, he now wants 2days of diving. Or, can we just schedule the dives when we get there?
I always knew in back of my mine he is a 2 days 2 tanks diver.
I always scheduled more dives for me and less for him. I have better air consumption when he's not diving w me anyway.
What the difference this time? We are also scheduled to dive Grand Cayman/Little Cayman in June and he wants to maximized his days diving cause his diver friend is going,show off.:blinking:Sorry, I had to vent!

If he wants to maximize his diving when his friend is there, he should dive more, not less, while on Coz. Your profile says you have less than 100 dives. He apparently has even less. He needs the practice...

And personally, HUGE loss of man points for being more interested in showing off for his friend than for his wife.

Why not just tell the non-diving friends you'll meet up with them at 1:00. Then book ahead for as many days of diving as you can get.
As long as you find an op with a fast boat that leaves around 7 or 7:30 and doesn't do super extended SIs, you can get two tanks in and be back for a reasonable lunch time.

Non divers tend to like to sleep in on vacation anyway.

Last edited:
It depends on who you dive with and their capacity. If you wait until you get there, some dive ops may be full.

If you know who you will dive with, email them and ask what flexibility they have with scheduling.

I didn't realize there was anything else to do on Cozumel but dive...

Like I tell my wife... A vacation is to do, no to be. Drinking and chit-chat is something you never have to leave home for. I'm sure his friends and family can do without his presence for all day, every day that you can dive. Foul weather and bad visibility is for the opportunity to chit-chat.

Interesting that you both take a dive vacation and yet you don't dive together.

Here I wish my gal would dive so I could dive with her... (not going to happen)

Yes, I would imagine you could add more dives once you get to Coz ... I'd check with my dive op first to be sure.

I think that would be better than scheduling dives and then canceling them.

I think that would be better than scheduling dives and then canceling them.

Especially with a valet op who might be turning people away because you have the spots. Cattleboat, maybe not so much.

I think every couple has their own way of dealing with such issues. I tend toward 'I'm going to dive.' You can come along and dive with me, or go do something else. At the other end of the spectrum, some couples act like conjoined twins. To each their own.

Richard.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom