You might be a redneck (or Texas Swamp Diver) if...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Guba

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
...you make underwater video equipment out of plumbing parts.

Yup, that's a three-inch PVC end cap serving as that video light's housing. Perfectly matches the 4 inch PVC pipe I used for the body of my video camera housing. Ain't pretty, but sure is cheap! (Oh my...I'm starting to sound like some of those guys on the reality shows!) Hey, it works! The light is a 36 LED array that produces about 600 lumens at 5600 K. Good, broad angle, even lighting and should work pretty well for relatively short distances. I plan on using two of these in tandem on opposing arms.
PICT0231.jpgPICT0234.jpg100_0389.jpg

pretty cool Bill !

When you start picking a Banjo and make your pony bottle harness and stuff from parts you get at the Saddle & Tack supply store then you are a true Redneck
:D

Jawfish...nope, the lights are self contained. The only modification is rewiring them for magnetic switches.

Hey Bill,

These could come in handy with our possible summer diving plans! Great Job as always. Can't wait to see them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom