Constructing a cheap UW video light...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So no heat sinking needed for these leds?

I like the look and the simplicity.

LEDs don't produce a lot of heat. That's why they use so little power and last so much longer than incandescent. I have all of my 100W bulbs in my house switched to LED and even after being on for 12 hours, I can hold them in my bare hands because they're only slightly warm to the touch.

LEDs don't produce a lot of heat. That's why they use so little power and last so much longer than incandescent. I have all of my 100W bulbs in my house switched to LED and even after being on for 12 hours, I can hold them in my bare hands because they're only slightly warm to the touch.

Depends on the LED. Many of the new CREE LED UW lights have aluminum bodies and fins to help with heat-sinking. I'm guessing the LED's on this project are similar to the house appliance you are speaking of.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom